Published on June 23rd, 2020 | by Sumit Bhowal0
The Valuable Contribution Of Google Analytics To SEO
Google Analytics is a free service from Google that allows one to analyze the performance of their website in many ways. It has evolved a great deal from a simple analytical tool that provides information on visitors to your website, to a highly advanced tool that can effectively transform your business into a successful one if used in the right manner. It is a digital marketing tool that helps provide more information on the target audience and how to better optimize a website to make it more effective.
This is an invaluable tool for those involved in SEO for their websites since it helps one monitor the progress and shape it in the right manner. It is a free tool to help visualize all the information related to the status of your website and also as per your goals for it. This article goes on to describe the features of Google Analytics and why it is very important for the SEO Strategy of your website. It is a must-read for those searching for search engine marketing in Richmond, VA like Renaissance marketing.
Features of Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a feature-rich too and has the following greater features:
- It is a free tool with tons of features that only requires one to have a Gmail account.
- There are many tools available to produce visitor data and the source of the visitors. However, it is hard to make sense of the data in its plain form. This tool provides visualization of the data in various forms like Pie charts, Line or Bar graphs, etc to ensure it is easy for one to understand the data and take appropriate action based on it.
- It also offers a reporting feature that provides vital information on the important parameters of your website. It allows one to generate customs reports on traffic source, type of traffic, traffic volume, date ranges as well as information on how effective a specific SEO campaign is.
- All information that is collected via Google Analytics is done in real-time. What this means is that it is possible to procure reports on an hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis for a given time period. This is a highly valuable feature that also contributes to your SEO campaign.
- Besides having the data of people visiting your website this tool also provides demographics information. Thus, it is possible to gather vital information on visitors coming to your website and interested in your products or services. This includes information like age, gender, location, etc.
- These tools help assess the behavior of the visitors while they are on your website and as to what they are doing. This includes the website pages they are visiting and the time they spend on each page. This is vital in understanding which products the visitors are interested in and which pages generate the most interest.
How Google Analytics is Important for SEO
It is a well-known fact that a major percentage (approximately 67%) of the website visitors will only check the first 5 links as a result of the search done using a search engine. This is where SEO comes into play, it is important to implement a strategic SEO campaign to ensure your website has a good page rank and is amongst the top for the relevant keyword searches. Making sure your website is on the top needs constant effort and dynamic strategies.
This is where Google Analytics comes in and plays a vital role by providing important features like the ability to the search engine console account, create and monitor SEO related goals. It also allows one to use the organic visitor segment and compare organic vs non-organic traffic. It is also useful to find the top-performing content, track the performance of the keywords, set up alerts, and get a good idea. What Google thinks of your website for the purpose of SEO in Richmond, VA.