Published on July 13th, 2021 | by Sunit Nandi0
How to Configure Google Analytics for Local Businesses?
In our digitalized world, even a small local business would need a website to stay afloat and a professionally optimized website tobecome successful. Luckily, a lot of tools might help you generate more leads and track your website’s performance nowadays.
In this article, you’ll be able to check what is Google Analytics,why local businesses need it, and how you can set it up.
What Is Google Analytics and How Does It Work?
To make sure that we are on the same page, let’s define what exactly Google Analytics is. In simple words, it is a free website analytics tool that was developed by Google.
With the help of Google Analytics, you can do the following:
- Check the information related to your website’s audience. For example,you can see the geographical location of your visitors, the devices they use, their interests, and the user interactions with your website;
- Inspect your website’s data, namely how fast your website loads, what web pages of your website are the most frequently visited, what is the conversion rate of your website, track the clicks on your website, and so on;
- Examine the performance of your products. For instance, you can use a personalized tracking code to check what is a top-selling production your website, how many unique purchases have you had, what is the average price your website visitors spend on your website,etc.
By checking all of the above-mentioned information, you can get the insights that will help you in making valuable business decisions,like setting a monetary value to your website’s leads or buying a couple of paid ads, for example.
Why Small Businesses Should Use Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Tag Manager?
It is a simple bias that only huge enterprise companies need to use such things as, for example, Google Ads campaigns. Even if you are an owner of a small business, the information you can get from such tools might direct your marketing efforts in the right direction.
Here are a couple of examples of how a small business can benefit from using Google Analytics and related tools:
- Reports from your Google Search Console account will help in measuring your website traffic and, thus, adjust your local SEO to make your website stand out and rank higher in Google;
- Google Tag Manager will come in handy when creating your own specialized tags. With their help, you will be able to track conversion and activity on your webpage;
- On top of that, a Google Analytics profile will assist you in managing the Internet presence of your business.
Thus, small businesses use such tools as Google Ads accounts forgathering analytics data, setting Google Analytics goals, and improving the results of their SEO efforts.
How Do I Set Up a Google Analytics Account for my Business?
The setup of your Google Account is pretty straightforward, as the system will intuitively guide you across the process. So, simply create an account and follow the setup steps.
However, unless you are not a professional in online marketing, one of the best options for you might be to leave the universal analytics of the performance of your site pages to a trustworthy digital marketing agency.This way, you will be to become one step closer to your business success.
All in all, adjust your Google Analytics according to your personalneeds and see how your business starts to shine!