Welcome, everyone! We are Techno FAQ Digital Media (T/A Techno FAQ), a media house and a community of technology enthusiasts who believe that technology should be reachable to all and an effort should be made to help everyone understand technology.
Aims and objectives
The Techno FAQ e-magazine aims to:
- Promote and familiarize tech with the masses.
- Solve tech problems with the community.
- Enhance knowledge in computing and technology.
- Increase awareness of our community activities.
As a whole Techno FAQ Digital Media’s aims are:
- Publishing quality e-magazines like Techno FAQ, Tekh Decoded and nixFAQ.
- Maintaining community activities specializing in software and hardware development, hacking, gaming, networking and blogging.
- Troubleshooting people’s tech-related problems.
- Promoting camaraderie in the community.
- Acting as an incubator for startups and projects.
- Selling digital goods and providing commercial IT services on the Marketplace; and providing premium services like Letter (privacy e-mail hosting) and ZNC (IRC bouncer) hosting.
Techno FAQ Digital Media (the media house) owns and operates:
- Techno FAQ – e-magazine focusing on the impact of technology on human lives, encompassing general science, engineering, computing, medicine, finance, education, business and lifestyle.
- Tekh Decoded – e-magazine focusing on the consumer side of science and technology.
- nixFAQ – e-magazine covering everything about Unix-family and Unix-related operating systems.
- Market by Techno FAQ – e-commerce platform for digital goods and services exclusive to Techno FAQ.
- Letter – simple and privacy-first email provider with support for custom domains and a novel approach.
- Techno FAQ ZNC – IRC bouncer/proxy service with focus on stability, strong security and prompt customer support.
The community manages and operates:
- content publishing for Techno FAQ, Tekh Decoded and nixFAQ e-magazines.
- a Facebook group with over 9000+ members.
- an IRC channel.
Techno FAQ Digital Media comprises of members from different parts of the world. However, our primary location is:
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati,
Guwahati – 781039, Assam,
Here’s a brief history of Techno FAQ and milestones till date:
- 4 January 2011: Techno FAQ community is co-founded by Sunit Kumar Nandi and Farhan Hussain during school vacations as a Facebook group for tech discussions with members consisting mostly of schoolchildren.
- May 2011: First management team formed under the leadership of Farhan Hussain.
- June 2011: Techno FAQ’s Facebook group grows in number, having members from all walks of life.
- August 2011: Pranav Suri joins management. Creates an immense spurt in the number count of the Facebook group. Discussions become more regular.
- December 2011: Farhan Hussain steps down as admin. Hands over leadership to Sunit Kumar Nandi and responsibility to all the remaining admins.
- July 2012: Igor Rebenko joins the team. Contributes in creating a new plan for the group.
- August 2012: New management team formed. Old admins’ responsibilities are reshuffled.
- September 2012: Test website launched. IRC channel created.
- October 2012: Twitter feed and Google+ community are created.
- 16 December 2012: Website testing ends.
- 20 January 2013: TechnoFAQ.org is launched.
- July 2013: Forum is launched.
- August 2013: Began partnership with the SuperX OS project.
- November 2013: Forum is revamped with a new layout.
- 22 December 2013: Merger with TechTronicShow to form TechnoFAQ TV.
- June 2014: TechnoFAQ.org migrates to the cloud. Acquires software mirror for hosting open-source projects.
- December 2016: TechnoFAQ.org moves to its own dedicated private cloud and starts hosting everything in-house.
- 9 January 2019: Techno FAQ community completes acquisition of Tekh Decoded and LinuxBin e-magazines.
- 18 April 2020: LinuxBin is rebranded and launched as nixFAQ.
- 4 October 2020: Letter privacy email hosting is launched in public beta.
- 7 October 2020: Techno FAQ community completes acquisition of QuoQueZNC, an IRC bouncer/proxy service.
- 7 December 2020: Registration of Techno FAQ Digital Media as a for-profit media house entity. Ownership of Techno FAQ, Tekh Decoded, nixFAQ e-magazines, Letter and QuoQueZNC is transferred to the new entity.
- 21 December 2020: Letter exits public beta for general availability. QuoQueZNC renamed to Techno FAQ ZNC.
- 12 March 2021: Launch of Market by Techno FAQ, e-commerce platform for exclusive digital goods and services.
Management team members
Current employees of Techno FAQ Digital Media are:
- Sunit Kumar Nandi (Owner and Leading Officer)
- Bibhuranjan Nath (Editorial Officer)
- Manish Gehlot (Infrastructure Officer and Website Growth Executive)
- Mahbub Hasan (Graphics and UI/UX Engineer)
- Kiran Fernandes (Content Creator)
Former employees are:
- Júlio Ventura (former Operations Manager)
- Sumit Bhowal (former Content Creator)
Current Techno FAQ community members are:
- Pranav Suri (Business Strategist)
- Judhajeet Das (Content Creator)
- Saurav Modak (Content Creator)
- Diogo Costa (Blog Author)
- Chistopher Porteus (Blog Author)
- Ali Dino (Blog Author)
Former community members are:
- Farhan Hussain (founder)
- Bhargav Sarma (former administrator)
- Sachit Shivam (former administrator and editor-in-chief of blog)
- Manohar Maddineni (former back-end and forum administrator, graphics designer and media division manager)
- Bhushan Jayaramdas (former administrator and blog editor)
- Igor Rebenko (former administrator, audiophile and product reviewer)
- Ameet Borah (former administrator, Facebook group manager and gaming and PC building expert)
- Aisheng Miso (former IRC channel operator and developer/coder)
- Ella Xiong (former blog author)
- Tushar Gulati (former administrator and IRC channel operator)
- Akshat Dhabi (former administrator and graphics designer)
- Ben Stovell (former administrator and gaming console expert)
- Challa Pradyumna Sharma (former back-end manager and developer/coder)
- Varun Priolkar (former back-end administrator)
- Gaurav Dutta (former blog author)
- Trishit Dutta (former administrator)
- Sudhanshu Sorout (former blog author and forum moderator)
- Himanshu Sorout (former blog author and forum moderator)
- Rashid Feroz (former blog author, hacking and penetration testing expert)
- Dipyaman Biswas (former administrator)
- Kamlesh Das (former administrator)
- Subhankar Das (former administrator)
- Chinmay Amonkar (former moderator)
- Vikram Srikumar (former author)
- Sakshi Raina (former author)
- Brian Sam Thomas (former contributor)
- Krishnanga Kalita (former author)
- Wrishiraj Kaushik (open-source software expert)