Welcome, everyone! We are Techno FAQ Digital Media (a.k.a. Techno FAQ) , a community of technology enthusiasts who believe that technology should be available to all and an effort should be made to help everyone understand it.
Aims and objectives
This site/blog aims to:
- Promote and familiarize tech with the masses
- Solve tech problems with the community
- Enhance knowledge in computing and technology
- Increase awareness of our community activities
As a whole the Techno FAQ’s aims are:
- Creating a clan specializing in software and hardware development, hacking, gaming, networking and blogging
- Troubleshooting tech-related problems of people
- Promoting camaraderie in the community
- Acting as an incubator for startups and projects
Techno FAQ has 9000+ members in its Facebook group.
The Techno FAQ community has:
- a Facebook page,
- this blog,
- a forum,
- an IRC channel (web client; IRC client)
- a Google+ community,
- Twitter feed,
- media/podcast channel and a
- software mirror for hosting open-source projects.
Other websites we run:
Here’s a brief history of Techno FAQ and milestones till date:
- 4 January 2011: Techno FAQ is co-founded by Sunit Kumar Nandi and Farhan Hussain during school vacations as a Facebook group for tech discussions with members consisting mostly of schoolchildren.
- May 2011: First management team formed under the leadership of Farhan Hussain.
- June 2011: Techno FAQ’s Facebook group grows in number, having members from all walks of life.
- August 2011: Pranav Suri joins management. Creates an immense spurt in the number count of the Facebook group. Discussions become more regular.
- December 2011: Farhan Hussain steps down as admin. Hands over leadership to Sunit Kumar Nandi and responsibility to all the remaining admins.
- July 2012: Igor Rebenko joins the team. Contributes in creating a new plan for the group.
- August 2012: New management team formed. Old admins’ responsibilities are reshuffled.
- September 2012: Test website launched. IRC channel created.
- October 2012: Twitter feed and Google+ community are created.
- 16 December 2012: Website testing ends.
- 20 January 2013: TechnoFAQ.org is launched.
- July 2013: Forum is launched.
- August 2013: Began partnership with the SuperX OS project.
- November 2013: Forum is revamped with a new layout.
- 22 December 2013: Merger with TechTronicShow to form TechnoFAQ TV.
- June 2014: TechnoFAQ.org migrates to the cloud. Acquires software mirror for hosting open-source projects.
- December 2016: TechnoFAQ.org moves to its own dedicated private cloud and starts hosting everything in-house.
- 9 January 2019: Techno FAQ completes acquisition of Tekh Decoded.
Management team members
Current team members are
- Sunit Kumar Nandi (Leading Officer and co-founder)
- Bibhuranjan Nath (Editorial Officer)
- Júlio Ventura (Operations Officer)
- Pranav Suri (back-end administrator and co-founder)
- Manish Gehlot (author and free software enthusiast)
- Wrishiraj Kaushik (open-source software expert)
- Diogo Costa (blog author)
Former members are
- Farhan Hussain (founder)
- Bhargav Sarma (former administrator)
- Sachit Shivam (former administrator and editor-in-chief of blog)
- Manohar Maddineni (former back-end and forum administrator, graphics designer and media division manager)
- Bhushan Jayaramdas (former administrator and blog editor)
- Igor Rebenko (former administrator, audiophile and product reviewer)
- Ameet Borah (former administrator, Facebook group manager and gaming and PC building expert)
- Aisheng Miso (former IRC channel operator and developer/coder)
- Ella Xiong (former blog author)
- Tushar Gulati (former administrator and IRC channel operator)
- Akshat Dhabi (former administrator and graphics designer)
- Ben Stovell (former administrator and gaming console expert)
- Challa Pradyumna Sharma (former back-end manager and developer/coder)
- Varun Priolkar (former back-end administrator)
- Gaurav Dutta (former blog author)
- Trishit Dutta (former administrator)
- Sudhanshu Sorout (former blog author and forum moderator)
- Himanshu Sorout (former blog author and forum moderator)
- Rashid Feroz (former blog author, hacking and penetration testing expert)
- Dipyaman Biswas (former administrator)
- Kamlesh Das (former administrator)
- Subhankar Das (former administrator)
- Chinmay Amonkar (former moderator)
- Vikram Srikumar (former author)
- Sakshi Raina (former author)
- Brian Sam Thomas (former contributor)
- Krishnanga Kalita (former author)
Special thanks to
- Pranab Doley for his immense contribution to our hosting infrastructure in our early days.
- x10Hosting, LLC for being a wonderful and top-notch web services provider and VIP-like support treatment during our first 4 years.