Published on May 6th, 2020 | by Sumit Bhowal0
What Is the Difference Between CBD Flower And Oil?
CBD products are very popular for many good reasons. Cannabidiol or CBD has plenty of therapeutic effects, which are found in both CBD flowers and CBD oil. While CBD oil has been extracted from different parts of the industrial hemp plant, CBD flowers pertain to the buds. But, which is better, CBD oil or CBD flower? What are the other differences between CBD flower and CBD oil?
In this post, you’ll learn more about CBD flowers and CBD oil, comparing their similarities and differences, and how you can best use them in your everyday life to achieve therapeutic benefits that CBD promises to provide.
Vaping CBD Flower Vs. CBD Oil
Vaping has instantly become a popular method of CBD consumption, with the emerging market seeing a demand for new CBD vape products. Depending on a person who consumes it, vaping CBD provides different experiences. It’s important to stay informed about CBD vaping and compare CBD flower and CBD oil so you’re able to choose the best vape products for you when you visit Cheef Botanicals.
Here are the differences between CBD flower and CBD oil when it comes to vaping:
- Vaping Device Required: CBD flower would require an herb or flower vaporizer, like a tabletop vaporizer, if you want to use it for vaping, whereas vaping CBD oil requires a portable vape or proprietary pod system to heat the oil and create vapor.
- Concentrated Dose: Vaping CBD flower delivers a less concentrated dose of cannabidiol as compared to vaping CBD oil. However, CBD flower provides a complete vaping experience because it has not lost any of its cannabinoids, terpenes, or other active compounds via extraction. On the other hand, CBD oil has a higher CBD concentration because of the extraction process that isolates CBD from other compounds. After extraction, many CBD companies add terpenes for a more flavorful experience.
- CBD And THC Content: CBD-dominant flower has between seven to 15 percent CBD, and it contains a trace amount of THC (physically undetectable amounts). On the other hand, CBD oils have 60 to 80 percent CBD levels, with varying terpene levels and other compounds.
Verdict: Both CBD flower and CBD oil deliver therapeutic properties related to CBD. Your choice of CBD product ultimately comes down to your preference. CBD oil is more efficient and easier to consume. Also, it is more discreet, portable, and easy to dose. Vaping CBD oil most likely provides a lighter high than CBD flower because of losing the other compounds during extraction even if the oil is full-spectrum.
When it comes to therapeutic properties, CBD flower has high levels of therapeutic compounds used to make CBD oils and infusions. You don’t need a doctor’s prescription to buy or use CBD flowers because you can easily find them in online CBD stores, cannabis dispensaries, and even medical cannabis clinics.
CBD flowers have naturally-occurring secondary compounds found in hemp plants that are vital in providing pain and stress relief, and which are best inhaled or vaped. Aromatic compounds, called terpenes, are found in CBD flowers, giving them their unique flavors and aromas.
As previously mentioned, CBD oil is extracted from the leaves, flowers, stalk, and stems of hemp plants. Like CBD flowers, CBD oil has neuroprotective, anti-anxiety, and pain relief properties. Patients who are suffering from arthritis, migraine, and other body pains can ingest CBD oil or take CBD oil via sublingual route or under the tongue. Also, it can be infused in drinks and beverages.
While vaping CBD flowers can provide immediate or short-term effects, ingesting CBD oil provides longer-lasting therapeutic benefits. Both CBD oil and CBD flowers provide amazing health benefits, including reducing the following symptoms and medical ailments:
- Seizure Disorders: CBD flowers can help improve symptoms of muscle spasticity, thus helping patients with epilepsy and other seizure disorders, such as Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS) and Dravet syndrome.
- Nausea And Vomiting: According to a study, nausea and vomiting induced by chemotherapy among cancer patients can be regulated by taking CBD. Cannabidiol is a non-intoxicating cannabinoid that interacts with serotonin-releasing receptors in the body, and when taken in small doses, can help alleviate nausea and vomiting. Also, CBD can be effective in reducing anxiety, which can help cancer patients manage their angst brought about by chronic nausea.
- Sleep Problems: CBD helps improve the signs and symptoms of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep behavior disorder, wherein a person acts out in his dreams. For people who are suffering from insomnia, CBD can help regulate various body processes to set the body and mood for sleep, like reducing pain and anxiety.
- Stress And Anxiety: CBD has anti-anxiety effects, helping anxious and depressed patients cope better with stress.
Mode Of CBD Consumption And Duration Of Effects
As already been discussed, CBD flower is best vaped or inhaled using vaping devices, like vaporizers and portable pens and pods. On the other hand, CBD oil can be taken orally, sublingually, or infused in foods and drinks. But, how about the onset and duration of effects using these methods?
There are important considerations to be made when determining how long cannabidiol or CBD stays in your body. Obviously, the higher the CBD dose, the longer cannabidiol will stay in your body. Also, the frequency of usage determines how long cannabidiol stays in your system. Because CBD builds up in the body over time, when used regularly, you should try it for at least seven days or a week to determine if it works for you.
CBD affects people differently. Body mass index or BMI, metabolism, and water content can influence how long cannabidiol remains in your system. Also, the food you eat can affect the duration of effects, whether you take CBD on an empty or full stomach. If your stomach is empty, CBD gets metabolized faster. On the other hand, a full stomach can slow down the digestion and elimination of CBD out of the body.
Here are the important things you have to know about the onset and duration of effects of different CBD consumption methods:
- Vaping And Sublingual Route: CBD flowers are typically vaped or inhaled, whereas CBD oil or CBD tincture is taken under the tongue or via sublingual route. Generally, you should feel the effects of CBD in five to 15 minutes.
- Edibles And Topicals: CBD flowers are usually used to extract CBD oil to create edibles and skincare CBD products, like lotion, shampoos, balms, and salves. When infused in foods and beverages or applied on the skin, the effect of CBD can take about one to two hours to kick in.
Discreet Use And Portability
If you want to use CBD every day but don’t want to grab someone else’s attention, both CBD flower and CBD oil have their own advantages when it comes to discreet use and portability. CBD flowers can be vaped using portable vaporizers when you travel out of town. However, international travel may have restrictions on bringing vaporizers and CBD flowers.
On the other hand, CBD oil can be discreetly used by infusing it to your favorite edibles, like CBD gummy, CBD cookies, CBD chocolates, and CBD-infused smoothies, coffee, or tea. However, you have to consume these foods and beverages as soon as possible to avoid CBD degradation caused by extreme temperature changes. Also, cooking and heating CBD may lose its potency, so you have to be careful when infusing CBD oil to your meals to avoid wasting it.
Portability-wise, CBD oil is easy to carry. You can keep a tiny bottle of CBD in your handbag and bring it out when you need a CBD dose. It is an easy-to-grab CBD product if you’re experiencing travel anxiety, like flight anxiety.
How To Choose High-Quality CBD Products For You
Choosing between CBD flowers and CBD oil shouldn’t be difficult. As long as you know what you need, you’ll be able to choose the best one for you. Or, better yet, use them both in different situations. In this regard, the most essential question you need to ask yourself is how to ensure that you’re buying high-quality CBD flower or CBD oil so as not to waste your money, time, and effort.
Here are ways to choose high-quality CBD products:
- Check The Seller’s Reputation: Are you dealing with a legitimate seller? Have you read their website and found out where they source their CBD products?
- Read The Listing: Make sure to read the full listing before adding the CBD products to your shopping cart. What can you find on the listing? Do you find pure promises, or are they backed up with scientific explanations or other proof? What are the ingredients or contents of the CBD oil they’re offering? How about the dosage and usage instructions?
- Read User Testimonials: What do people say about the company’s CBD products? Are they satisfied with the effects and the overall results? Have you read any negative comments, and how does the company handle them?
CBD flowers and CBD oil have a lot of differences when it comes to the source, consumption methods, effects, immediate and long-term therapeutic benefits, and privacy and portability. Choosing the best CBD product for you highly depends on a lot of factors, including your body weight, BMI, preferred mode of consumption, lifestyle, and personal preference. Make sure to deal only with legitimate and reputable CBD companies to ensure you’re getting the best CBD products for effective health effects.