Published on June 15th, 2020 | by Sunit Nandi0
A Complete Guide to Do A Clean Installation of Windows 10
Clean Install is the supreme problem-solving strategy that effectively guarantees the elimination of issues created by applications, expired data, programming bugs, and viruses by a third party.
Rightly finished, the outcome is a PC with a proven strong rating, which includes either stock windows 10 setup or an already checked configuration, which requires different third-party software and drivers. Here is a complete guide of windows installation along with its pros and cons.
How to plan for a clean installation of Windows 10?
To minimize the chances of problems and prevent data loss, you should perform some tasks ahead of time if you plan to install a clean windows 10 copy.
1. Backup of files
The clean deployment phase eliminates everything on your main drive as a backup of your data, and a temporary complete device backup is recommended before continuing.
2. Sync OneDrive Data
A backup of records, pictures, and other data may be generated in several ways. The best approach, though, is to transfer the data in the OneDrive folder or cloud storage program you are using.
You can also automatically upload your profile files like Folders, Pictures, and Desktop through the OneDrive backup option with these steps:
- In the take bar, click on the OneDrive cloud icon
- Tap the More option
- Choose the settings option
- Select the Backup button.
- Tap the Backup maintenance tab
- Choose the folders you like in the cloud to back up
- Click the start backup button
3. Export Optical disc data
Maybe the best choice is to transfer the data to an external hard disk if you have a large number of documents.
Link an external drive and then follow these measures to build a device backup manually:
- Open File Explorer
- In the address bar, enter the following path and press Enter: %HOMEPATH%
- Tap the select all button from the “Home” tab
- Select the “copy” button on the “Home” tab
- Choose the location option
- Select the ending point
- Tap the “copy” button
4. Complete device backup
It is also advised that you build the complete backup of the latest version if anything occurs when beginning with a new copy of Windows 10, and you will need to roll back or retrieve files that have not been backed up by the preceding steps.
You can select from a variety of options, but you can use the System Image Backup tool on Windows 10 and also on Windows 7 and 8.1, as the simplest way to complete a backup process.
How to perform a clean installation of Windows 10?
5. Windows 10 Set Up
You will continue with measures to complete installation once you have completed the necessary planning and generation planning and generation of the USB bootable files. Now if you don’t already have a bootable USB, you can refer to this guide by The Windows Club on how to install Windows 10 from USB.
Use these steps to make a clean Windows 10 installation:
- Run the Windows 10 USB media on your computer
- Tap any switch promptly, to boot from the device.
- Click next on the “Browser configuration.”
- Now press the “install” button.
- If you are installing Windows 10 for the first time, type in the product key. You can click on the product-key option to continue to reinstall the OS.
- Click Next.
- Choose the Windows 10 Edition (when necessary). This range will suit the version you trigger your product key.
- Choose Next option
- Choose the option to continue with the I accept license.
- Click Next.
- Select the Custom button: Set up the Advanced option for Windows only.
- Select the latest device partition and them press delete.
- Choose a blank.
- Click Next.
Once the steps have been completed, the set up will start with the new Windows 10 installation on the unit.
Common Windows 10 Installation Issues
There are several reasons why you may get an error message during Windows 10 update or installation. Here you will find some installation problems, including initial set up issues. The Windows Club helps you to identify and resolve the errors related to windows automatically.
The main directive: Do not sweat it if you are asked for a product key and do not have a product key
If you’re upgrading from a real Windows 7, Windows 8, or Switching Windows 10 version, then click skip (depending on your dialog box) if you are prompted to have a Windows 10 key. Don’t bother searching for a 10-key door. It is possible that Windows will remember the mistake and will not annoy you once again, even though the activation routine may take a few days to find it.
When attempting to build Windows 10, the installer is hanging or restarts continuously for hours.
First, ensure that any non-essential has been disconnected. Unplug any other hard disks than the C: drive. Yank that external hard disk. It’s necessary to disconnect peripherals, including additional displays, card readers, odd keyboards, anyway.
Consider switching Wi-Fi and connecting to a router using a LAN cable if possible. Then try again to execute the upgrade. The best advice is to use the Windows 10 media creation tool for USB drives if you continue to have the same problem.