Published on June 15th, 2018 | by Júlio Ventura0
Joyoshare Screen Recorder: Own Your Moments
Today we have the pleasure to review Joyoshare screen recorder application for Windows and Mac. I’m very excited about this recording software because lately I have felt more and more the need to record my screen. Particularly useful for: video tutorials, lectures, live chat, webinars, podcasts, video games, streams, Skype and Facebook calls, webcam videos, etc.
Think about it, now more than ever, we spend great part of our daily life “wired in” to our computers, especially for work. We are constantly looking at a lot of data on computers, and consuming a lot of information at a fast speed. It creates this on-growing need to record it, save it, and keep track of it. To never lose a moment, to stay close to what it’s important. That’s why screen recording software is so useful and popular. Today we are downloading, testing and reviewing Joyoshare Screen Recorder app; one of the most promising screen recording software for Windows and Mac.
Note: This application was tested on a HP Pavilion 15 running Windows 10 Home 64.
The Company Behind It
Joyoshare Studio is a North-American developer with a four apps portfolio: Video Converter, Media Cutter, HEIC Converter, and now a Screen Recorder. The company has already won some awards and gained recognition in the video converting market. Hence why my expectations are high for their recording software.
One of the first characteristics that caught my eye was without a doubt the simple and light user interface. Sometimes screen recording apps for desktop and laptop can be very confusing and not user-friendly, but not Joyoshare. The UI is extremely simple and intuitive, everything you need in a compact and well organized panel.
- Capture Area – Tool that allows you to select which area of your screen you want to record. You can manually set weight and height or just draw the portion of the screen you want to record; or record the full screen.
- System Audio – Record audio and/or microphone. Choose the input and output source.
- REC – Record video, audio, or both.
You can also click the menu button to access “Preferences”, “Home” (Joyoshare homepage), “Help”, “Buy Now” (where you can upgrade trial to premium), “Register” (place your activation code), “Check for Updates”, and find out software version and homepage URL in “About”. Very straightforward menu options, nothing fancy (neither should it be).
To access the features interface, you will have to open the options menu, where you can truly find out what the application has to offer. In fact, despite still being at in its first versions (1.0.2 at the time of this review), Joyoshare Screen Recorder already has an interesting set of features that allow the app to adapt to your needs. Let’s talk about some of them.
- Customize Screen Size – Record full screen or customize it according to your needs.
- Supported Output Video Files* – Saves videos in HD MP4, AVI, FLV, SWF, WMV, MKV, MOV.
- Supported Input Files* – Saves audio in MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A and M4B.
- Scheduled Recording – Set a start and stop time, the app will autonomously start recording without the need for further input. You can also start manually and end after a selected period of time. Useful for streams and webinars you can’t watch live because you are busy. Joyoshare Screen Recorder will capture it while you are gone.
- Highlight Cursor and Clicks – This feature is particularly useful if you are recording video tutorials, youtube videos (e.g. gaming, drawing), among others. It enables you to highlight the cursor and clicks, thus allowing your viewers to keep track of its position and follow it more easily. You can also choose the pointer animation from a range of 7 different pointers for cursor and 7 for clicks. If you prefer you can import your own.
- Take Screenshots – Take quick screenshots while recording the screen. Unfortunately, the app only takes screenshots if it’s also recording video at the same time. That’s a minor issue that Joyoshare should work on in the future. It would be useful to take screenshots without having to turn on video recorder.
How Does It Perform Compared to Other Apps?
Brilliantly. One of the key factors that helps this screen recorder stand out from the rest it’s definitely the smooth and light performance. Most competitors are very bulky, consuming too much RAM, often resulting in loss of image quality and even a drop in frame rate. This is not the case with Joyoshare. Your processor won’t even get “stinged” by running this app at the same time it runs video players, games, bulky software, etc. Joyoshare only requires 200MB of free space in the hard disk, minimum of 256 RAM memory, and practically no CPU usage. In terms of features, it packs all the useful tools, doesn’t risk too much in adding fancy tools. It keeps the most useful at the distance of a click.
- Supported OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- CPU: 1 GHz(64 bit) or above
- Free Hard Disk Space: 200 MB and above
- RAM: 256 MB or more of RAM (1028MB Recommended)
Trial vs Paid License
The trial gives access to all the features, so you can truly explore the app and see if it fits your requirements. The free trial is limited to 1 minute videos. If you wish to record for longer periods you will have to purchase a license. Besides the unlimited recording time, the license also gives you lifetime free support and updates. As everything in the world, if you want the best of the market, most of the time you have to pay for it. Software is no exception.
If you need a well-designed, light, and very efficient screen recorder for your Windows or Mac, then Joyoshare Recorder Application is definitely one of the best at your disposal. The one-time purchase with lifetime updates adds great value to the deal. The scheduled recording and cursor movement highlight features are highly useful, especially for professional use. I give it a 9 out of 10. Still requires some minor updates and tweaks, but it is without a doubt the best choice in the market for Windows and Mac users.