Published on February 13th, 2023 | by Bibhuranjan0
Why Your Recruitment Firm Needs an Online Applicant Tracking System?
War to acquire the best talents has been raging in the last few years, and naturally, every company is its participant.
And who is getting churned from every side? Recruitment agencies.
Client expectations, high competition, and the ever-changing hiring needs of the job market make it more challenging for recruiters to source and hire the best talents.
In such times, what can be their ideal helping hand? An Applicant Tracking System!
What is an Applicant Tracking System?
An applicant tracking system (ATS) is a specialized HR tool that enables recruitment agencies to automate most of their time-consuming manual tasks at every stage of the hiring process, including resume parsing, interview scheduling, gathering feedback, etc.
Some of the basic features of a good ATS are:
- Easy-to-use UI
- Customization and Integration features
- Resume parsing
- Advanced search
- Free customizable email templates
- Reports and analytics dashboard
- 24/7 Customer support
Though ATS can be SaaS-based online recruiting software or implemented on-premise, most modern recruiters choose online tool since it is easy to implement, cost-effective, and can be accessed from anywhere at any time.
Why does Your Recruitment Firm Need ATS Right Now?
You can never escape your tedious recruiting tasks entirely, but having an applicant tracking system has some perks. Not only does it help reduce your workload, but there are also an astonishing number of benefits that will make you fall in love with this tool.
It Streamlines the Entire Recruitment Process
An ATS is designed to streamline recruitment by automating most of your time-consuming administrative tasks.
- Candidate Sourcing: Most ATS providers have their unique sourcing chrome extension that can help you find and store candidate profiles from anywhere on the internet to your database.
- Candidate Management: ATS helps recruiters quickly manage and search candidates’ profiles in their database through advanced filters and customization options.
- Pre-Screening Formalities: ATS enables recruitment firms to quicken their resume screening and shortlisting process by targeting specific keywords in their applications and weeding out the unqualified ones.
- Screening: This step involves managing and hosting an online test for the candidates. ATS can further store the test results and shortlist one’s that score more than the average set. It also helps maintain collaboration between the HR team and the shortlisted candidate.
- Job Offering: ATS can generate and send offer letters to the shortlisted candidates. It can also collect the signed documentation back from the candidates, storing them in the central database.
- Analysis: The best part of an Applicant Tracking System is that it provides a detailed analysis at every step of the recruitment process. It helps the recruiters identify the low points and make necessary changes.
By automating these (and more) tasks, an ATS can save your recruitment firm significant time and effort, allowing you to focus on more value-added work, such as networking.
ATS Enhances Candidate Experience
An ATS can significantly improve the candidate experience by providing a more efficient and streamlined process.
Candidates can easily submit their resumes and applications online, and they can track the status of their applications in real time, so they are not left in the dark.
Additionally, it can automate communication by sending automated emails and reminders, ensuring that candidates are kept informed and engaged throughout the process.
Data Management Becomes Simpler With ATS
An applicant tracking system can help your recruitment firm to manage data better.
By storing resumes, applications, and candidate information in one centralized location, an ATS can make it easier for your team to find and access the information they need.
It can also provide detailed reporting and analytics, allowing you to track key metrics such as the number of resumes received, the number of candidates interviewed, and the number of hires, ensuring your hiring process remains on track.
Agency’s Productivity SkyRockets Like Never Before
An ATS can help your recruitment firm to increase productivity by automating most tasks that are otherwise done manually.
It can free up your hiring team’s time, allowing them to focus on more critical tasks, such as finding the best candidates, networking with potential clients, etc.
Also, an ATS can provide your team with the tools they need to work more efficiently, such as automated email and reminder templates, which can help to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.
SaaS-Based ATS is Cost-Effective
Investing in a good applicant tracking system can be a cost-effective solution for your recruitment firm, as it eliminates the need for paper-based and manual processes, which can be both time-consuming and costly.
It can also save you money by reducing the need for additional staff to handle administrative tasks.
It Helps Make Better Hiring Decisions
An AI-proctored applicant tracking system can help you, and your hiring teams make better hiring decisions.
By providing detailed reporting and analytics, an ATS can help you to identify patterns and trends in your recruitment process, such as which candidates would perform better in a particular role, significantly improving your decision-making.
With so many benefits, there is no second guessing that you and your recruitment firm need an online applicant tracking system. So, why don’t you add it to your investment lists for 2023? We bet you won’t regret it!
Cover Image by Freepik