Published on July 23rd, 2021 | by Bibhuranjan0
Digital Twins Technology, Its Benefits & Challenges to Information
Are you wondering what Digital Twins are? Well, here is a guide that showcases the benefits, challenges, and basics of this disruptive technology. Ideally, disruptive technology is a concept, good, or service that can redefine the old ways of doing certain things.
Lately, the concept of digital twin technology is considered as a disruptive technology that can transform the usual ways of collaboration, design, and approach to solving complexities. On that note, let’s look into what exactly is Digital Twins Technology.
Digital Twins Technology
A digital twin makes use of augmented and virtual reality along with 3D graphics and data modeling. With this, the technology creates a virtual model of a system, process, product, or service. In other terms, the digital twin is a replica/duplicate of the world. The exact status is managed via real-time updates.
All and all, this technology applies to a huge range of environments that includes monitoring of the products while in use as well as during the entire life cycle of the product.
Benefits of Digital Twin Technology
A few benefits of Digital Twin Technology include,
- Enhanced reliability of production prices and equipment
- Increased performance and productivity
- Enhanced OEE via reduced downtime
- Reduced maintenance costs by analyzing maintenance issues right before any breakdown take place
- Boosted production time and risk assessment
- Better decision-making power in terms of finance
- Lesser risk in several areas knifing marketplace reputation, product availability, and many more
- Better collaboration of team members
- New and unique enterprise opportunities like mixed manufacturing, mass personalization, small-batch manufacturing, etc
- Elevated efficient supply
- Industries can merge end-to-end product life cycle data or assets into certain digital threads
- Boosted delivery chains and enhanced profits
- It operates innovations in supply chain management, logistics, service, manufacturing, etc
- Digital Twins help in accelerating medical innovations as well. The relatively help in the development of new drugs and research of certain tumors
- Better customer service as customers can configure personalized products remotely
- Better quality of products and improvised insights into the performance of products
Challenges of Digital Twin
Similar to any other thing, Digital Twin brings several challenges along with it to the company. If you want to remain competitive in the market, connect with FutureOn. It’s high time you implement this disruptive technology in your business!
On that note, here are the 5 main challenges of Digital Twin. These include,
- The connectivity should be guaranteed and fast. Alongside, it should be available in distinct areas to help companies located in such areas in interacting with the “digital twin”. This will further help them in decision-making. However, this infrastructural requirement cannot be implemented in several Italian realities.
- Long-life cycles. With this, it means that developing the digital Twin thereby because several assets for which digital twin is utilized are distinguished by long life cycle. This life cycle stretches quite well beyond the soundness of single/unshared software utilized by stimulation, design, or analytics.
- Another challenge for digital twins is security. Security has become quite extended to several business sectors. Nature, intellectual capital, and data must be secured to restrain the company from getting into any damage or destruction.
- HR(Human resources), which is the core of digital twins needs to be available always along with their expertise for the appropriate management and development of this technology.
- Project collaboration: Digital Twin Technology must be capable of collaborating on projects together. A digital twin can connect with several other digital twins in several contexts.
- Automatic Update: It must be aware of its functionality changes and size thereby altering whenever required.
- Detecting and solving conflicts: It must be capable of detecting and reacting to all the changes that take place in a real-time environment. It must also be able to spot and solve the execution distinctions so that communications are accurate and continuous.
- Physical properties: The digital twin technology must be capable of modeling both simple(airplane, human being, building) as well as complex objects(store, shopping procedure, agricultural system, etc) relationships. They need to do this by noting all their physical properties, adjusting the scale, and restoring their behaviors.
Today, Digital Twin Technologies are accessible now and can bring each of the above-listed benefits to your organization and business. Additionally, the implementation of digital twins is elevating at a huge pace.
Cover Image Credits Piqsels