Published on July 14th, 2017 | by Guest0
How to Prepare for Paper 1 XAT 2018?
XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) is a national level management entrance exam. It is conducted for the candidates seeking admission to MBA courses. XAT is divided into two sections one is Aptitude test and another is Essay & General Knowledge part. Thorough knowledge of XAT Syllabus will make the preparation journey much easier. Few preparation tips regarding XAT 2018 Paper 1 are mentioned in this article.
- Questions in Paper 1 are based on Decision Making, Verbal and Logical Ability, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation.
- Paper 1 difficulty level ranges from easy to moderate.
- Quants and Data Interpretation can be prepared by learning the formulae and shortcuts.
- Verbal and logical ability generally involves reading and logical reasoning. Questions can be solved if one will practice thoroughly.
- Decision making questions are basically to test the candidate’s managing abilities.
- Decision making questions are difficult sometimes.
- Candidates must have proper knowledge of XAT previous year question papers.
- Aspirants must strategize as per sections and time management is a must.
XAT 2018 Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
QA and DI important tips and books are mentioned in this section
Important topics for Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
List of Important topics from Quants and Data Interpretation is mentioned in the table below
|Geometry||Mensuration – 2D and 3D|
|Profit and Loss||Speed & Distance|
|Arithmetic||Heights & Distance|
|Direction Sense & Time||Clocks|
|Data Interpretation – Table, Combination|
XAT 2018 Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude
Quantitative aptitude section covers basic mathematics topics like LCM-HCF, simple & compound Interest, algebra, functions, number system, speed distance & time, geometry, mensuration, averages, permutation & combination, etc. Candidates must follow the tips given below.
- Learn all the important formulae
- Clarify all the basic concepts
- Learn short cuts and tricks
- Try to grab the main purpose of all the concepts
- Practice test papers after every topic
- Time management
XAT 2018 Preparation Tips for Data Interpretation
In Data Interpretation (DI) observation skills plays a very important role. Questions are generally asked in the form of charts and graph. Few strategies are mentioned below
- Improve the method of calculation by learning new methods and shortcuts
- Solve and practice different graphs
Go through XAT Previous year graph questions
XAT Preparation Books for Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
Recommended books for preparation are
|Book Name||Publisher/ Author|
|Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||Nitish K.sinha|
|Jabbing XAT Mock Tests & Solved Papers||R K Jha|
|Wiley’s Exam Xpert XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test)||Wiley India (Author)|
XAT 2018 Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning
Verbal ability and Reasoning belongs to Paper 1. Important topics, books and tips are mentioned below
Important topics for Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning
List of Important topics from Verbal ability and Logical Reasoning is mentioned in the table below
|Critical Reasoning||Reading Comprehension|
XAT 2018 Preparation Tips for Verbal Ability
XAT Verbal Ability section consist of reading comprehension, fill in the blanks, analogies, usages, spotting the error and synonyms/ antonyms. Tips are mentioned below
- Reading Comprehension
1. Try to get the overview of the passage and develop sense of understanding.
2. For this try to develop the habit of reading newspapers and novels daily. Then try to evaluate the idea for the passages that what can be asked from that passage.
3. Try as many as sample passages/ mock papers for the time management purpose.
1. For improving your vocabulary try to learn as many new words as possible and try to use them in your daily language.
2. Try to find out the words and their meanings (synonym) on the regular basis. After find the meanings opposite (antonym) to them.
XAT 2018 Preparation Tips for Logical Reasoning
The questions are generally simple and less time consuming but sometimes questions are trickier. Proper strategies can save much time.
- Practice as many logical questions as you can
- Categorization of questions and allotment of time accordingly
Make notes of the tricks.
XAT Preparation Books for Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning
Recommended books for this section are given below
|Study Notes Material On XAT Paperback – 2016||Sourav sir’s classes|
|Verbal Ability Comprehension for CAT/ XAT/ IIFT/ CMAT/ MAT/ Bank PO/ SSC 2nd Edition||Bharta Patodi and Aditya Choudhary|
XAT 2018 Decision Making
Important topics in XAT Decision Making (DM)
Some of the important topics are mentioned below
|Situational||Conditions and Grouping Test|
|Data Arrangement Test||Reading Comprehension|
|Case lets||Decision Making in a situation|
XAT 2018 Decision Making Preparation Tips
There are 23 questions expected from this section. Every manager must possesses Decision making ability, and XAT test this ability in the candidates.
- Aspirants must have approach of understanding the situation of the paragraph.
- Candidate must read carefully and analyze the information.
- While solving such type of questions, candidates are advised to go with most ethical answer.
XAT 2018 Recommended Books for Decision Making
Important Books for Decision making section are
|XAT 2016 Decision Making Online Coaching by Ravi Handa (Voucher)||Online Book|
|Target XAT 2017 (Past Papers 2005 – 2016 + 5 Mock Tests)||Disha Experts|
|XAT Solved Papers 2008-2016 with Full-Length Model Papers Essay Writing & Practice Essays Decision Making||Career Launcher|