Published on July 24th, 2018 | by Sumit Bhowal0
Magento Migration: Why Go From Magento 1 to Magento 2
Do you need assistance in migrating your Magento 1 to Magento 2 site? Keep scrolling down as we’ll give you some tips in this guide.
While Magento 1 was a great platform that has improved the lives of many, it’s time to make a change. So that’s why we’ll help you take the right steps to heed to the right direction.
Why Should You Migrate to Magento 2
To simplify, here are the following reasons why most e-commerce businesses and developers are switching towards Magento 2.
- Magento has stopped placing new features in the Magento 1 framework anymore. The only updates it receives is security updates, making it hard for someone to continue to use it.
- Magento’s team will stop giving official support to the Magento 1.x versions and stop giving out new security updates.
- All of the customizations done in Magento 1 must be repeated for the Magento 2 version, whenever you plan to migrate.
Leave Something Behind
Think about the magento 1 to 2 migration process as moving into a new home. This is when you start to decide which data is valuable and which one needs to be saved. This principle also applies to your e-commerce website.
This is the best time to re-think whether you have a use for these categories, products, and pages. In this step, it’s the best time to re-check to rethink whether you have any need of specific categories, pages, and products and some other things.
Here are a few things you have to do before starting this process:
- Take notes on unwanted features, pages, and products. You’ve possibly made a mistake when creating your site on Magento 1. This gives you enough time to fix errors and other things.
- Think for the future as well, A transition as large as this one can be used to your advantage. Imagine how the E-commerce store might stand through all time while making sure you’ve created a steady foundation.
- Since you will have to optimize the Magento 2’s website, make sure that it’s designed to While large changes are necessary, you’re better off making small places over time in order to keep your consumer onboard with your magento 2 store.
Magento is Simple
Most retailers are skeptical about changing software that underpins their store and for a good reason. Having one bug or glitch in your e-commerce store can cause he store to slow down or experience a serious outage.
So there are some good reasons to keep doing what you know. You can use Salmon, which is an extension that works with businesses that don’t confuse the user when it comes to the chosen platforms.
The Right Support
The reason why you should start your magento 1 to 2 migration is that of the enhanced support it provides. Magento has a Data Migration tool. This tool can be used to transfer your old files and send them to Magento 2.
Overall, magento 1 to 2 migration works, you just have to prepare your previous files and information beforehand. By doing so, you reduce the chances of bugs and other issues occurring on your site. So get ready for the change as it will help your company in the long term.