Published on July 28th, 2021 | by Bibhuranjan0
7 Quick Tips for Improving Your Push Notification Strategy
Push notifications are widely used by business owners around the world. This is due to their ability to reach users instantly and effectively. Apart from this, there are many other advantages of using push notifications over other marketing techniques.
Moreover, it doesn’t matter whether you have your audience on the Android platform or the iOS platform as React Native Push Notifications can target both.
Although they are bringing effective results to many, some are not able to get the result even after implementing them for months. If you are one of them you need to know there is no issue with push notifications. It is the issue with the strategy.
To help you out on the same, here are 7 quick tips for improving your Push Notification strategy.
- Use Rich Media Effectively: Push notifications allow you to use rich media. But it is not the rich media that attracts the audience. It is all about which rich media you are using. The images, videos, graphics, emojis, gifs, etc that you are using in the notification must be coherent to your products, services, and brand.
This will help you to create an eye-catchy effect. Most of all, it will help you to establish trust among your audience. As a result, more users will open and see your notification.
- Personalization: The good thing about push notifications is, they allow you to use personalization. The thing is, you can’t sell even your top products or services to all. Every individual is different and so do the interests and likings. There can be a scenario where a customer is looking for a product or service that most of the audience doesn’t like to go with.
So use analytics effectively and come up with more personalized suggestions. This will not only help you to reflect the message that you understand your customer needs but also help you in getting loyal customers.
- Geolocation: Have you ever used geofencing or geotargeting? If not, it is time to use it. You can target your potential customers using geofencing. Here geofencing means to target users present in that specific area or region. Geofencing allows you to create the virtual geographic periphery that allows you to send push notifications to users when they enter or exit a certain area.
This will help you to target local customers. As a result, you will be able to establish yourself in the local market.
- Simple Opt-in and Opt-out options: You can’t force anyone to visit your store or stay with you. If users are willing to visit your platform they will do it happily. All you need to do is to provide simple opt-in and opt-out options.
This is where most business owners get wrong. They make opt-out difficult. They force the users to remain with them. This irritates users and compels them to uninstall your app. Let the users come and go at their own will and they will be happy with the freedom. If they want specific notifications, provide them with the same. If they want notifications at a specific time of day, give them.
- Timing and Frequency: Many send a lot of push notifications and that too at any time of the day. This irritates the user. You are required to do a deep survey of your audience. Then you have to send only those notifications which your users are interested in. You are required to pay attention to the frequency.
Another factor is timing. If you are sending notifications to users at any time of the day, you are not doing any good. It is good to send notifications during idle time and avoid sending during busy or sleeping hours.
- Make users feel special: Push notifications are not only for sending deals and offers. You can get a lot more from them. You can ask for customer feedback. This will make your users feel special. They will love to give suggestions.
This will also let you know what they are looking for. This will help you to satisfy your customers and earn you both trust and free advocacy.
- Alerts: Sometimes customers are interested in certain products or services that are out of stock. In another case, the current price is so high that they wait for the right deal. In this case, you can alert them via push notifications regarding products or services, when back in stock.
You can also send an alert regarding the price drop of the product or service that they were interested in but weren’t able to purchase due to the high price. This strategy will help you to make permanent customers.
Push notifications are effective and inexpensive when it comes to marketing. But using them without a proper strategy is not going to get you desired results. To help you out on the same, some tips are presented to you. Now the choice is yours.
WonderPush boosts your marketing campaign. It provides you with React Native Push Notifications to target users effectively throughout the world.
Image by Tran Mau Tri Tam from Pixabay