Published on July 19th, 2021 | by Ali Dino0
5 Features to Look For in the Best Email Marketing Automation Platform
You could have the best products in the world, but if you can’t market them properly, you are not going to get any customers. Similarly, you can distinguish your business in a crowded market and create a unique identity just on the back of good quality marketing.
There are hundreds of marketing processes and strategies available, but not all of them are fit for every kind of business. Taking an example from traditional shops, a food company might offer free samples, but a clothing company cannot. There are, however, exceptions; marketing strategies that work for every and any business. One of the most significant of these universal strategies is using the best email marketing automation platform.
Email marketing automation platforms take the entire process of sending promotional emails and make it, as the name suggests, automatic. You set it up once, and it does its job without the need for any manual input.
Finding the Right Platform
There are a lot of factors that go into making a marketing process a success; finding the right platform is one of the major ones. If the platform that you are using isn’t optimized for your type of business or is lacking in general, you are going to struggle to get a return on your investment.
Finding the right platform can be a difficult task, especially with so many options available on the market. But, one way to narrow them down is by looking at the features they provide. These are the five things that your email marketing platform should have:
- Customization: Businesses come in all shapes and sizes, and your email marketing platform should have the ability to transform freely. Customization allows businesses to get the most out of their investment by optimizing the operations to their needs.
- Availability: Having an email marketing platform that is locked to one operating system or device severely limits your options. What if you don’t have access to that device and want to make a critical change to the system? Mobile compatibility is an especially important aspect.
- Easy scalability: Even the most stable of businesses see wild fluctuations in their operations. They can grow at a blistering pace as well as experience dry periods. These situations require quick adjustment of the email marketing platform. The platform of your choosing should allow this adjustment to be seamless and efficient.
- Non-predatory pricing: Many email marketing platforms allow free emails up to a certain number or just charge a very low price. Then as soon as the large volume is required, the prices skyrocket since you are already locked into their system. Look out for these kinds of platforms and choose only ones with a clear and fair pricing structure.
- ESP integration: You might be using a certain email platform as a business, but your customers are not. They use popular ESPs like Gmail and Yahoo. Integration with popular ESPs is a necessity to make any email marketing platform a success.
Email marketing is a powerful tool in the arsenal of any business. Just make sure that you work with the best platform and deploy the most optimal strategies. If you’ve done everything correctly, there is nothing stopping your business from going big.