Published on April 19th, 2021 | by Sumit Bhowal0
Flutter Development: An Excellent Platform or Today’s App Development Projects
In recent times, there has been a huge surge in the development of Flutter apps. Flutter has become a most popular choice of developers as it allows them to build visually attractive, fast, and highly functional mobile applications for both Android and iOS platforms. So, what actually Flutter is? Well, Flutter is Google’s UI toolkit that can be utilized to build exceptional, natively compiled applications for mobile, desktop (Windows, Mac, Linux, Google Fuchsia), and the web from a single codebase.
Here are some of the important things to know about Flutter, have a look:
- Flutter is open source, thus free to use
- It is based on Dart programming language, which is a fast, object-oriented, and easy to learn language
- Flutter comprised of high-performance widgets that are customizable as per the user’s requirement
- The apps developed using Flutter looks attractive and feel great
- Flutter structural design is based on the Reactive programming language
Types of Flutter App Development Services
Some of the key Flutter app development services that are widely in demand these days include:
- Flutter Migration and Upgradation
- Flutter Android App Development
- Flutter iOS App Development
- Flutter Support and Maintenance
- Cross-Platform Application Development
- Flutter Chat Application Development
Benefits of Flutter Development
Some of the key benefits of Flutter app development include:
- Open-Source: Flutter is an open source and free to use UI software development kit that allows developers to create highly impressive applications.
- Cross-Platform Solution: Flutter is a cross-platform solution that allows developers to create a single codebase for all chosen operating systems.
- Facilitate Quick Development: Developers prefer Flutter because it allows quick and more dynamic mobile app development. Developers can easily make changes in the code and check the effects on the spot in the app. This is called Hot Reload, which means the developers can add features, do experiments, fix bugs, and more in seconds.
- One Codebase for Two Apps: With Flutter, developers just need to write one codebase that can be used for two apps covering both the Android and iOS platforms.
- Easy to Use and Test: Flutter allows creating the same applications for two platforms thus requiring less testing. As the developers create automatic tests only once, the quality assurance process can be carried out quickly.
- Mild Learning Curve: Flutter is based on Dart which is an object-oriented programming language and quite similar to Java, thus easy to learn and use. No matter if you are a newbie or an experienced developer, Flutter can be learned and used by everyone.
- Impressive Designs: Flutter has its own widgets and designs. The developers can even create their own widgets or customize the existing ones as per the project requirements.
- Highly Supportive Community: Since Flutter is created by Google using Dart, it has a huge community that acts as a key source of feedback, documentation, and code contributions.
- Constant Updates: Flutter is being updated frequently to support more and more platforms, thus makes an ideal solution for modern day app requirements.
- Ideal for MVP: For businesses that require an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) for an app to present it to their investors in little time, Flutter app development can be the best solution for them.
Some of the top-performing apps developed using Flutter include Google Ads app, Xianyu app by Alibaba, Hamilton app for Hamilton Musical, etc. As compared to React Native, Flutter is rich in APIs and UI modules. It has a much faster time-to-market than native development. Though React Native also has a fast development, it uses the bridge and native elements which may necessitate individual optimization for each platform.
Competitive Advantage of Flutter
As compared to other app development platforms, Flutter has gained a huge competitive advantage in the market due to factors like:
- Impressive look and feel of apps because of their rich widgets
- Swiftly growing community and recognition
- Outstanding documentation with strong support from the Flutter team which makes the development process much easier and more smooth
- Facilitates utilization of one codebase across mobile and web platforms
- It is tough to beat Flutter’s time-to-market length
With the rising popularity, Flutter is getting a lot of attention from businesses of all types and sizes. The cross-platform mobile applications, less development time, high-performing apps, great look and feel, and reduced expenses are some of the key factors that appeal to businesses to invest in Flutter development. However, before investing in this platform it is vital to choose a professional company that has good experience in developing Flutter-based projects. Also, make certain to hire Flutter developers that have all the required skills to customize and accomplish the project to meet the specific business requirements. Below are the key skills of professional Flutter developers, have a look:
- Knowledge of Native features support
- Experience in custom Flutter app programming
- Know-how of custom server-side API support
- Expertise in cross-platform support
- Excellent knowledge of customized widget creation
- Expertise in Material design and Cupertino
Looking at the growing demand for Flutter development services, it is sure that this platform has a bright future with lots of opportunities for developers for creating world-class solutions based on Flutter. So, if you are planning to build iOS and Android apps, then choosing the Flutter development services will be the best idea. Flutter development presents a great opportunity to create highly functional, attractive, and exceptional mobile applications that can be customized based on specific business requirements.