Published on June 4th, 2020 | by Sumit Bhowal0
How to Convert MP4 to WAV with Wondershare Uniconverter – The Easiest Way
An audio file in MP4 format consumes a lot of space on the device like a PC, laptops and desktops. This is why converting MP4 to WAV format can reduce the file size and consume less disk space. There are many ways to convert MP4 to WAV. We can use online tools or software to convert MP4 files to WAV files.
Developed by Microsoft in partnership with IBM in 1991, WAV stands for Waveform Audio File Format. This was the predominant audio format in the first half of the 1990s, becoming extremely popular with the arrival of Windows 95 on the market. Because it takes up a lot of disk space, many believe that all WAV files do not go through a compression process – which is not true. Currently, the format works only as a container for other audio formats, which means that it can contain other formats, including those that are compressed.
The WAV ensures that the sound is representing you in the best way. When you are mastering music, always use WAV as an input format. WAVs can be converted to several other formats later. Then, a WAV covers all of your later formatting needs. The only downside of WAV is the file size issue. They eat a lot of disk space. This means that your computer, phone, iPod or Dropbox will fill up very quickly if you only use WAVs. However, as your music is your treasure, you need to archive a WAV backup of all your tracks. Most sharing platforms require WAV when sending music to the distributor. ITunes and Amazon, for example, require very high quality WAV uploads for their services.
What you need to convert to WAV
The best software available to convert MP4 to WAV is Wondershare UniConverter. This software helps users to convert, edit, burn multimedia files and many more. It is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.
What sets Wondershare UniConverter apart from the rest?
- Over 1000 conversion formats.
- Wondershare UniConverter allows users to select a wide range of file formats to choose from for file conversion. However, a selection should be made with the quality of sound and video in mind.
- Convert videos for many devices: – The screen of the device may vary from one to another. Videos converted from Wondershare UniConverter will be compatible for all screen sizes and can therefore be easily viewed without affecting image or sound quality.
- Conversion speed 30 times faster: -Optimized programming makes the software light and easy to launch. It is also 30 times faster than other software that converts MP4 video to other formats.
Steps to Convert MP4 to MAV Format with Wonder Share UniConverter
1. Download Wondershare UniConverter from the official website. Run the downloaded installation file for Wondershare UniConverter. And click on the positive responses that appear on the screen as I agree and then. Finally, click Finish to complete the installation.
2. Launch the Wondershare UniConverter application by double-clicking on the icon.
3. Once the dashboard appears on the screen, click on add files, then drag and drop the file to convert.
4. Choose WAV as the output format in the audio tab.
5. Click the Create Custom button which opens a pop-up window, modify the parameter encoder, channel, sample rate and bit rate, then click Create.
6. Select the location to save the output video.
7. Finally, click on convert all to start converting the MP4 video file to the WAV file format.
Changing the file format often changes the image and sound quality, so be aware before converting and keep the original file as a backup. Wondershare UniConverter has an excellent user interface and is easy to use. To get the best output, download the software only from the official Wondershare site. There is a risk of potential threats such as spyware or malware that can damage your computer if you use software downloaded from unknown or unreliable websites. There are also other online tools where users can also convert video files to other formats. Some of them are online audio converter, free conversion and Convertio which allows users to convert MP4 videos to WAV file. However, the conversion requires an Internet connection or network connectivity. The output quality is not ensured by using free video conversion websites.
Hopefully reading this article can provide benefits for you. Thank you for reading and good luck!