Published on May 5th, 2017 | by Guest0
An Informative Guide to The Uses of Threaded Rods
A type of metal fastener with threads that is cut into both the ends is known as threaded rods. These rods almost resemble a screw but are longer and thicker. The diameter is the same along the complete length. These rods sometimes feature along the entire length and at times only at the either end. This depends upon the model that is been used. They are at times referred to as all-thread or sometimes simply stud. The threaded rod Fairfield is basically used to fasten wood or metal together. It acts as a pin that is used to connect two materials together. They are also used to stabilize structures by inserting them into concrete or wood during repair. The builders use threaded rods while constructing homes or different types of buildings. The metal workers are popularly known for the use of these threads when they build furniture or consumer goods. The threaded rods serve as the best method to hang sheet metal ducts or any other equipment.
What are the uses?
- The threaded rod Fairfield is a versatile product that is used in all types of industries such as, electrical, agricultural and construction.
- It is more popular as it eliminates the need for raw material. You will also not require threading equipment or any type of dies. These rods are produced with threads and is rolled under high pressure. This gives them greater strength therefore can be used along with standard nuts and washers.
- The benefit with the rods is that they can be cut with the help of metal cutting hack saw or may be power band saw. This makes the nuts move easily over the threads.
- If you use a rough saw, then you will require minimum debarring to clean the saw end. They are supplied in special lengths and grades.
- The threaded rods are ideal for plant maintenance and industries more where corrosive conditions exist. It also requires high humidity which is found in agricultural and electrical components.
- It is seen to be quite popular in plumbing and contractor fields. It is more needed in places where cleanliness and attractiveness is necessary.
- It is greatly resistant to corrosion so is widely used in medical, maintenance and machinery.
What Are the Materials Used?
The threaded rod Fairfield is basically a fastening bar in which direction matters a lot. There are many options like right hand or left hand or both. The right hand threads are configured in such a way that it can be tightened in a clockwise direction. The left hand ones are not very common but suit the motor vibration. It is therefore necessary to mention the direction of the threaded rods. These rods are made of different materials such as:
- Aluminium that is light and a metallic element having a good thermal and electrical conductivity. It has very high reflectivity and is resistant to oxidation.
- Brass is another material that is used for threaded rods which has good strength. It has excellent properties like high-temperature ductility. Good conductivity and low magnetic permeability.
- Copper is ductile and malleable. It is one of the best conductors of heat and electricity. Silicon bronze is another material that is popularly used in threaded rods.
- Stainless steel is used because it is resistant to chemical and corrosion. It also has the advantage of high stress ratings.
- Titanium is used as it is not only strong but also light weight. It suits a variety of applications like aerospace and medical. This material adds strength if combined with steel.