Published on January 5th, 2022 | by Bibhuranjan0
Is Babbel App Worth It? A Meticulous Review for Avid Learners
Learning a new language can become a daunting task if one does not use proper resources. Numerous apps are available in the marketplace to help you learn a new language. Babbel is one such app that has gained popularity over the past decade as a language learning platform.
In this write-up, we shall try to answer the straightforward question – Is Babbel app worth it? Peruse the coming sections to know if Babbel is worth your time and money.
What is Babbel?
Babbel is a subscription-based app and e-learning platform used to learn new languages. It has been on the market since 2008 and was introduced by a German company called Lessons Nine GmbH.
What Languages Does Babbel Offer?
Babbel offers language learning options for:
- Spanish (Latin America)
- Spanish (Spain)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
What do You Pay to Learn?
Babbel is a subscription-based model that offers you to opt for annual ($ 83.40), bi-annual ($ 50.70) or quarterly subscriptions ($ 29.85). However, if you are sceptical of spending the money without a trial, Babbel does give you a 7-day free trial. You can browse the courses and check their offerings before paying them for a subscription.
Is Babbel App Worth It?
You need to compare if Babbel serves your purpose to answer this question. While creating this Babbel app review, we can confidently elucidate that this platform is wonderful for beginner and intermediate level learners. Babbel lays more stress on spelling, vocabulary, grammar, Conjugation, phrases, pronunciation and listening skills.
If the offerings, as mentioned earlier, is what you are after, then Babbel could be just the app you are looking for. Additionally, Babbel allows you to choose your learning level and focuses on the real-world phrases used by native speakers. So, you can expect to gain better command at speaking using this platform.
Moreover, the cost of learning a new language with Babbel is much less than hiring a tutor. It does give you value for your money.
While every language learning platform would claim to be the best, their worth can only be determined by comparing your requirement with offerings. If the app meets your requirement, then it’s worth it.
Babbel is an excellent resource to help you start learning a new language. However, if you wish to gain advanced-level fluency and command over a particular language, then using Babbel as a resource along with other advanced apps would be beneficial.
What’s Babbel’s Learning Approach?
Babbel uses a blended approach to help you learn a new language. You can either use their e-learning platform or the app to get started. The courses offered on Babbel are at various levels like:
- Beginner I
- Beginner II
Babbel is constantly improved and reviewed by more than 150 expert native speakers. It helps keep the app updated and also maintains accuracy. Since the content is created and updated by native speakers, one can be sure of learning the natural language.
Babbel’s language learning modules include learning via:
- Typing dictated words
- Filling in the blanks
- Listening module
- Grammatical or Conjugation lessons
What Is So Good About Babbel?
Using Babbel as your language partner has four major advantages:
- Babbel lets you choose your learning level. Unlike other learning apps, you do not have to complete one level to unlock another. You can easily jump from one level to another once you subscribe to Babbel.
- Learning from Babbel ensures that you authentically learn the language. Since native speakers create the courses and audio sessions, you can expect to learn perfect accents and pronunciations right from the beginning.
- The reviewing option of Babbel is another impressive feature that makes it so good. At the end of every day, the programme pushes you to review a minimum of ten phrases or words. You get the option to choose the review technique, such as using flashcards, type-in review, identifying-review or speaking review.
- Babbel’s approach to teaching colloquial language first is pretty unique. It makes you more familiar with colloquial expressions initially, then move to the other aspects of language learning.
While choosing a language learning app, one must ensure that what they are taught is correct and should serve the purpose. Also, the cost of such an app should not burn holes in your pockets. If you have perused this article thoroughly, it would be evident that Babbel meets these criteria successfully. It can prove to be a very valuable resource to beginners and intermediate level learners.
So, there you have it!
“Is Babbel app worth it?” We can confidently say, Yes!
Spending your time and money on this platform would be worth your time and money!