Published on October 26th, 2018 | by Guest0
Things To Check Before You Choose Map API For Your Business
You have developed a website for your venture or just launched an application to expand its reach – well done! But, the next challenge is to blur the line between offline and online worlds. The users want to reach your city store, or to place orders and find when the order will reach them. All such anxieties at the consumers’ end can be put to rest with the help of location based services in the form of Map API. Some benefits that you can get by Map APIs:
- Help the customer reach your store or the business to locate the user.
- Businesses can optimize their delivery system by optimizing the route based on the number of delivery points, traffic, size of the vehicle, weight of the vehicle, etc.
- User can keep track of the delivery person by viewing live location of him on the map using map APIS.
So, Map APIs for business are best described as tool for coming closer to the end consumers and be more accessible in the process eventually. These APIs definitely add to the credibility of the enterprise and also make their image as that of a user-friendly entity. There are various Map API providers available in the market these days. All these providers have their own unique features and most other features are common too.
All such things do lay stress on the importance of purchase of the Map APIs. That is why, listed here are some of the crucial features you must look for in your map APIs before making them a part of your business environment:
- Easy to use: You surely are not dealing with rocket scientists. Moreover, the users are most likely to have the shortest attention span. They look for fast and easy way of getting things done. So, you API must meet the essential parameters of being easy to comprehend and use and very simple to work with.
- Has some intelligence: API should be able to provide alternatives, like one can be given the traffic report and the alternate route to reach the destination. This will surely portray a responsible image of the brand and the customers are likely to return this sense of concern in the form of their loyalty.
- Easily customizable: You need a tool that can work according to your business environment; you surely cannot change the business model to fit in the tools. So, map APIs must be flexible in design and one should be able to see it as a fitting block in the mosaic.
- Pricing and free views: Map APIs do come with a price. So, the businesses need to have clear idea of how much will the cost be. Secondly, if there are number of free views provided, it surely provides relief to the business in terms of saving cost.
In addition to these points, you must also have information about the number of prospective users in hand. As the free views clause is discussed above, you surely will be benefited if the number of free views is not exhausted so early. So, take these points into consideration while selecting the Map APIs for your business.
Poonam is a programmer, software developer, and an author. For about 4 years, She’s been busy sharing her knowledge on different programming aspects including APIs for different purposes. If you are looking for Map APIs, then she strongly suggest to get a FREE Subscription of MapmyIndia APIs & SDKs that is 10 times more economical than any other company in India.