Published on March 22nd, 2018 | by Sunit Nandi0
Tatkal E-Pay Later
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd (IRCTC) that provides online railway ticket booking facility has come up with new features to pay for train tickets. These features have been extended for booking Tatkal tickets.
Introduced in 1997, tatkal reservation was around 110 trains for providing reservation to passengers who required undertaking a train journey at a very short notice. Today, IRCTC processes more than 1,30,000 Tatkal transactions on a daily basis and maximum Tatkal tickets are booked within first few minutes of quota opening. Keeping the ever increasing demand of passengers in mind, Indian railways has come up with new facilities and features that are sure to facilitate passengers.
Tatkal E-Pay Later
With Tatkal E-Pay later, passengers will be able to pay later for tickets booked under the tatkal quota. Till now, this service was available for general reservations only. For tatkal bookings, passengers were required to first pay using the standard online payment gateway, before IRCTC confirms the ticket. But now, passengers will be able to pay cash or through debit card or credit card by simply opting to have tickets delivered at their doorstep.
Multiple times, the passengers face the problem when money gets debited but the ticket is not issued due to various reasons. The new feature eliminates these transaction failures. Additionally, the refund takes more than seven days to reflect in the user’s bank account. With this new feature, IRCTC aims at encouraging more and more passengers to move to online medium, thereby diminishing the need to buy tickets from the railway reservation counters.
Booking Tatkal Tickets Using ‘Tatkal E-Pay Later’ Feature
IRCTC’s new feature ePaylater is powered by Arthashastra Fintech Pvt Ltd and Pay-On-Delivery is powered by Anduril Technologies. These options allow passengers to book tickets first and pay later.
- Passengers need to register with irctc.payondelivery.co.in for availing the ‘pay on delivery’ option. They can provide Aadhaar or PAN card details for registration.
- While booking the ticket, passengers can click on ‘pay-on-delivery’ option from the IRCTC website.
- The digital delivery will happen instantly via SMS or email and the collection will happen within 24 hours of the booking.
- Passengers can also pay online through a payment link that will be sent to them at the time of booking.
Failure to make payment within 14 days will lead to penalty fees and a legal action for non-payment. Tatkal ePay Later will charge a flat Rs. 20 or a penalty rate of 36% per annum for the number of days the amount is overdue. It may also lead to cancellation of your ticket or user account deactivation.
Refund on Tatkal Ticket Cancellation
- A 100% refund for Tatkal cancellation tickets will be provided to passengers, if they meet some of the conditions. The refund will be made both online and offline.
- Refund will be made if the ticket is cancelled up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- If a train is running late by more than 3 hours or the train is cancelled, the passengers will be liable for a full rebate.
TatkalForSure is one of the fastest and 100% assured ways to book a confirmed tatkal ticket online. This browser plug-in not only books a confirmed tatkal ticket, but is also a good source for any IRCTC enquiry. Download the TatkalForSure’s android app today and book your tatkal tickets in a blink of an eye.