Published on January 24th, 2018 | by Guest0
Technology Has Greatly Affected the Taxi Industry
A few years back, hiring a taxi was actually a big issue. Either you have to dial for a taxi (which was considered in a sophisticated manner) or you can wave your hand at it (which was a low-class way). These days hiring a taxi is this much easy that even a year old kid can do it.
Technology has affected the taxi industry in many ways. Taxi industry, these days are completely dependent on the technology. Without technology, one could not have imagined the taxi industry to be like this. Although all this technology is not only for the betterment of the taxi industry, it also has its cons as well. As we all know everything comes with its own pros and cons, and so is the technology.
From making it easy for us to access the taxis, to letting the taxi company access our phones, every single thing is only because of the technology. By this article, we are going to discuss the pros and cons of the technology in the taxi industry. Starting on a positive note, lets first discuss the pros and then will continue with the cons.
Advantages of Technology on Taxi Industry
There are uncountable pros of technology in the taxi industry. Let’s figure out some of them here as well.
- You can get a taxi at whatever time you want. Getting a taxi late night was an issue before, but now it not at all an issue.
- You can book a taxi either from your mobile phone or laptop or tablet or desktop.
- You can easily cancel out your booking if you don’t require a taxi anymore.
- While being on your ride, you can share your route and location with your parents or friends. This is a good point with respect to safety purposes.
- Your cab driver follows the route to the location that you have entered by the help of technology only.
- You can book a taxi in advance for a few hours later ride.
- Most of the cab providers do install tablets in their cabs so that you can enjoy your ride.
Ola cabs are always a right option for you because Ola Cabs Discount Coupons can help you to charge less.
Disadvantages of Technology on Taxi Industry
There are more disadvantages of technology in the taxi industry than the advantages. Let’s see some of them –
- Most of the cab companies charge you for cancellation of taxi booking.
- Cab drivers also have an option to cancel the ride, without a valid reason.
- The number of promotional messages and e – mails.
- Some such apps can also send the promotional message on behalf of you from your phone.
But this is not in case of Ola Cabs. Savioplus.in can offer you with the most beneficial rides.