Published on August 4th, 2017 | by Guest0
10 Most Extensively Used Test Automation Tools
Code testing is one of the imperative stages of programming. Code development, Code inspection, and Unit Testing are the three parts of Code testing. In this era where everything is automated, software testing industry is also demanding testing automation tools heavily.
Running and executing software programs without any human intervention is what automation testing is all about. Below mentioned are some of the most extensively used test automation tools.
TestComplete helps a tester create reusable and robust tests across mobile, desktop, web, and multiple devices easily and effectively. It also allows to create automated tests for iOS apps, Web, Microsoft Windows, and Android. This tool comprises the following features:
- GUI testing
- Test visualizer
- Scripted testing
- Test recording and playback
3. Telerik Test Studio
Some of the other major features of Telerik TestStudio are:
- Record and playback
- Integration with Visual Basic Studio 2010 and 2012
- Cross-browser testing
- Integration with bug tracking tools
- Manual testing
This testing framework is popular automation tool for Android.
Benefits of Robotium –
- It supports hybrid and native applications.
- Writing automated black-box test is much easier
- Integrates with Gradle, Ant, and Maven conveniently
- Simple API, as all methods are available only in solo class
- Automatic Delays & Timings
- No need to write code , when navigating from one activity to another activity.
- Test cases are Robust , due to runtime binding to UI components
Watir, pronounced as ‘Water’, stands for Web Application Testing in Ruby. It is a very light-weight open source tool and specially used for web application testing. Big tech giants like Oracle, SAP, and Facebook use Watir. This tool offers the following features:
- Tests any language-based web application and web browser
- Cross-browser testing
- Compatible with tools like Cucumber, RSpec, and Test/Unit
- Tests web page’s buttons, links, forms, and their responses
6. HPE Unified Functional Testing (HP – UFT formerly QTP)
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise’s QuickTest Professional (QTP), is now known as Unified Functional Testing (UFT), one of the leading cross-platform automation testing tool, which provides automated functional & regression testing. It uses VB scripts to specify test procedures
Some of the unique features of HP – UFT are –
- It can automate Web, PowerBuilder, Desktop, ActiveX, SAP, Delphi, Net, Flex, Java, Oracle, Siebel, Mobile, PeopleSoft, Stingray, Visual Basic etc.
- It uses VBScript as the scripting language.
- It offers a GUI for easy use.
- Also used for enterprise quality assurance.
- Tightly integrated with HP ALM (Test Management Tool) and HP LoadRunner (Performance Testing Tool)
- Integration with Mercury Business Process Testing and Mercury Quality Center
- Unique Smart Object Recognition
- Error handling mechanism
- Creation of parameters for objects, checkpoints, and data-driven tables
- Automated documentation
Ranorex is an GUI testing tool, which is way too flexible for you to execute and automate tests flawlessly. Ranorex Studio offers various testing automation tools for web, mobile, and desktop applications. Unlike Selenium, Ranorex is much easier to install and use for non-programmers.
Ranorex offers the following unique features –
- GUI recognition
- Reusable test codes
- Bug detection
- Integration with various tools
- Record and playback
- Robust object identification
- Use of Xpath expressions
- “Click & Go” Xpath editor
- UI object map editor
- Automatic UI object synchronization
Scripted in Ruby, Cucumber is an open source testing tool, specially designed as per BDD concept which is Behavior-driven development. BDD is used to write acceptance tests for web application. Earlier it was restricted only to Ruby, but now, it supports other languages as well, like Java, .NET, Scala, Groovy, etc.
- used to perform the automated acceptance testing
- provides single up-to-date living document which have both – specification and test documentations.
- It also has cross-platform OS support.
- Cucumber code can be executed on different frameworks like Selenium, Ruby, etc
9. Visual Studio Test Professional
Fully-instrumented, configurable test runner and the most comprehensive testing solution for all Microsoft platforms, including phones, tablets, desktops, servers, and the cloud.
Why Visual Studio Test Professional?
- With MSDN subscription you can access other Microsoft products and services
- It provides exploratory browser based testing.
- It is a helpful licensed tool for streamlining quality and continuous delivery.
- It has the free trial facility available as well.
- Conduct, Record, and Repeat Manual Tests
Scripted by Cygnet Infotech, TestingWhiz is a automation testing tool. It offers automation solutions for web testing, regression testing, mobile testing, cross-browser testing, and database testing.
TestingWhiz offers various important features like:
- It has codeless architecture
- supports continuous integration very well
- Keyword-driven, data-driven testing, and distributed testing
- Record and playback test automation framework
- Object Eye Internal Recorder
- Integration with bug tracking tools like Jira, Mantis, and FogBugz
- Integration with test management tools like HP Quality Center
- Risk-based testing
- Continuous Integration and Delivery in Agile cycles
Natasha is a Content Manager at SpringPeople. She has been in the edu-tech industry for 7+ years. With a aim to provide the best bona fide information on tech trends, she is associated with SpringPeople. SpringPeople is a global premier training provider for high-end and emerging technologies, methodologies and products. Partnered with parent organizations behind these technologies, SpringPeople delivers authentic and most comprehensive training on related topics.