Published on October 13th, 2022 | by Bibhuranjan0
Top 5 Freelancing Platforms For Software Developers
Software development is the entire process involved in building computer programs. A software is a set of programs and instructions that make a computer function by telling it what to do. Software developers oversee the design, programming, documentation, creation, and maintenance of applications, frameworks, and software components.
If you are planning a new project or you want to expand your team, you might need the services of a software developer. Talented software developers can be difficult to find; therefore, you must know the right places to look when sourcing for a software developer. Hiring in-house developers might be a bit of a hassle especially if you have a budget constraint or you are running out of time. Therefore, freelance developers are a great alternative if you find yourself in any of these situations.
Freelance software developers can be hired on short notice and can help you keep your costs down. However, you must know where to find a professional and talented freelance software developer to assure quality while focusing on timely delivery and cost reduction. Therefore, in this article, we will be discussing the best places to hire remote developers.
Types of Software Developers
According to JayDevs, there are several types of software developers. Therefore, it is essential to highlight the needs of your project to determine the kind of software developer you need. The following are the most popular types of software developers:
- Desktop Developers: Desktop developers create software and applications that run on desktop operating systems such as Windows, Mac, Linux, etc, and consoles such as PlayStation, Xbox, etc. Desktop developers are specialists in programming languages and technology services such as Cocoa, Swift, Objective-C, C, C#, C++, Python, Ruby QT, etc.
- Mobile Developers: Mobile developers, as the name implies, build software and applications that run on mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, etc. Mobile devices run on either the android or iOS operating system. Therefore, mobile developers usually specialize in one operating system. Some developers can create applications that work on several platforms. They are cross-platform application developers. Android developers specialize in tools and programming languages such as Java, Kotlin, Android Studio, Jetpack compose, Android UI, etc. iOS developers, on the other hand, specialize in tools and languages such as Objective-C, Xcode, Swift, SwiftUI, UIkit, AppCode, etc. Cross-platform developers specialize in React Native (JS), Xamarin (C#), Flutter (Dart), etc.
- Embedded Systems Developers: Embedded systems developers develop software for technological devices which are not conventionally classified as computers. Examples are consumer devices, electronic interfaces, real-time systems, etc. Embedded systems developers are specialists in C++, Lua, Rust, Python, etc.
- Security Developers: Security developers are concerned with testing the security of software systems and fixing security vulnerabilities. Security developers use tools, coding languages, and scripting languages such as C, C++, Python, Ruby, etc, to read and understand operating systems.
Top Freelancing Platforms For Software Developers
The following are the top freelancing platforms on which you can find talented software developers for hire:
- Upwork: Upwork is one of the most famous freelancing platforms on which talents of all kinds can be hired. To hire software developers on Upwork, you have to post a job description highlighting the skills required of your potential software developer. Then, your job post is shown to candidates who fit your description and the interested candidates apply for the job. You can then choose the most suitable candidate through interviews and tests. Upwork is very easy to use and it gives you access to several talents at affordable costs.
- Toptal: Toptal was initially designed for the hiring of freelance software developers only. However, it has expanded to include designers, product managers, and finance experts. Toptal is one of the biggest marketplaces for software developers. With Toptal, you do not have to test the skills of software developers by yourself because they undergo rigorous screening. Therefore, only the top 3% of freelance software developers will be available for you to hire.
- Fiverr: Similar to Upwork, Fiverr is a freelance platform on which you can hire talented software developers for your projects quickly. To hire software developers on software, you have to search for the exact kind of service you require. Fiverr then sends you a list of some of the best software developers according to your requirements. You can choose the most suitable developer from the list for hire.
- Gun.io: Gun.io is a freelance marketplace that is strictly intended for software developers; therefore, you can rest assured that you will find a suitable developer for your project. Software developers on Gun.io go through a tough screening procedure to ensure that they are really good at what they do. Therefore, Gun.io provides a pool of talent that will be dedicated to your project.
- Freelancer: Freelancer is a worldwide freelance marketplace for talents of all kinds. Like Upwork, you have to post a job description that entails all your requirements. Qualified developers are shown this description and the interested ones bid for the job. You can interview and test the shortlisted candidates to decide the best developer for the job.
Cover Image by Freepik