Published on December 10th, 2021 | by Guest0
8 Essential Steps That’ll Help You Buy A Brand New “Right” Car
Progressively, a luxury car has become a necessity; it has turned into our companion in our roller-coaster life. And since change is the only constant thing in life, car manufacturers and buyers do not pause planning ahead. From electric crossover to hatchbacks set to make a debut in 2022 and beyond, purchasers are overwhelmed with the idea of purchasing a new car. This emotion, fused with stress, makes the buying process a bit challenging at times.
With a sea of options available on the market, purchasing process only gets super confusing. In order to make your job a breeze, we’ve listed down eight essential steps to finding you a brand new “right” car. Also, bear with us till the end as we’ve outlined five common mistakes car buyers do.
8 Steps For Finding A Right Car
- Determine Your Budget
A car purchase is the second-largest buying decision, following home. Though it’s okay to binge occasionally, elongating your car budget can lead to a financial crisis in the long run.
While you might have eyes fixed on a certain car, your budget may not allow you todash ahead with it. In that case, you should follow a rule of thumb. Don’t spend more than half of your annual household income on the automobile.
Plus, bear in mind the RTO, insurance and handling charges while considering a car purchase. If combined, the car can cost more than advertised. With all these factors in mind, fix an accurate budget that won’t hold up your other bills and expenses.
And then move on to the next step.
Pick The Fuel Type
After you’ve set the budget, you need to select the fuel type. Petrol, diesel, electric and CNG are four types of fuel.
With technology progressing, diesel is about to vanish; therefore, its fuel prices don’t vary much. However, CNG allows you to drive for more than 30 kilometres every day. Plus, you’ll find it as an economical and low-maintenance alternative to petrol.
Electric cars – the future of automobiles are gaining a lot of popularity across the globe. With sales increasing on these cars, consumers would be filling their pockets in no time. Undoubtedly, the initial costs would be higher; however, electric wheels would be a win-win in the long run.
Once you fix an eye on your fuel type, you can head on to perform proper research. That’s exactly our third point.
Do Necessary Research
Prior to heading to a car dealership, research the cars you might be interested in. Blindly making headway towards buying a car would unfold thorns on your path.
Among countless options, choose the car you want. To determine that, search anything from “best cars for families” or “best cars below 12K”. Or else employ several online resources.
For narrowing down your options, read their reviews and weigh the pros and cons of the model and manufacture. You’ve chosen BMW, for example; find out about their service requirements. Further, consult with several nearby dealerships and amass as much information as possible about that make and model. And go to the next step.
Contemplate On The Running Costs
Are you longing to serve your next SUV, Sedan or Hatchbacks correctly? Proper upkeep is the key! Like any other technology, automobiles want regular maintenance and care.
With surging fuel prices, car owners yearn for a low-maintenance vehicle. So, calculate the monthly costs of the car you’re interested in. Lubricant costs, fuel and accessories expenses are a few running costs.
Purchasing an energy-efficient car would render you significant savings on this list of expenses in the long run. Additionally, bear in mind the replacement of spare parts, along with its availability. Also, is there any qualified, reliable mechanic who can service or repair your car with ease and no trouble? After answering these questions, step on to another point.
Inspect About Their Resale Value
Sometimes, there’s nothing wrong with pondering about your future, especially when you spend your hard-earned money. In this case, evaluating the resale value of the car helps you uncover some hidden facts.
A car’s resale value is the price it depreciates over time. The losing value of automobiles varies; some lose early, while some do not. You shall learn whether or not the make and model that you’ve chosen is too many. If yes, then the vehicle is more likely to depreciate faster in value than other models.
Therefore, research about the resale value properly, especially if you’ve already planned to sell the car in five-six years. Picking an automobile with higher resale value would benefit you in the later years. Once you settle on this factor, move to the next.
Pick On Some Additional Features
Choosing extra features are the fun part of a car purchase. After all, who doesn’t like comforts? So, when you buy an automobile, you usually receive options for additional features.
Features include tech gadgets, such as reverse cameras and automatic parking assistance. However, the list of technological devices is huge nowadays.
So, do your proper research about the options available on the market. Plus, bear in mind the additional costs borne by those devices as well as your needs. And jump into the next step.
Take A Test Drive
After the research work, you have the time for a test drive. Though you might already be aware of your car due to the helping hand of the internet, you should schedule your time for a test drive.
During the test drive, watch whether or not you’re feeling comfortable while driving. You can also experiment with your controls while parking and determine the comfort of your accompanying passengers.
Once you’ve taken a test drive, spare some time to understand how you feel about the car. Besides comfort and features, you can also pay attention to the convenience of driving, including handling brakes, etc. All in all, the drive should be smooth and quiet.
Get The Best Deal
While getting behind the wheel can be exciting, a few buyers find negotiating process a bit challenging. However, a little preparation and persistence can confidently navigate you with the car-buying process.
So, negotiate as much as possible. That way, you can reduce the amount of your loan, saving money in the long run. For sure, sellers would use old sales tactics with you. Still, you should know the games and strategies to counter dealers’ tricks when you notice them.
Furthermore, to not forgo an offer, you can practise negotiating well in advance. Remember, confidence is key when it comes to negotiation. And finally, enjoy the best deal!
5 Blunders To Avoid When Buying A Brand New Car
- Avoiding Pre-delivery Inspection: Pre-delivery inspection or PDI is one of the most neglected things when buying a new car. It’s the final thorough check of your wheels before transporting them to you. The majority of times, dealers skimp on this step and hand over the car without the PDI certificate. So, don’t be hesitant to insist the dealer provide you with the certificate. It will protect you from future headaches.
- Not Learning The Best Time To Buy A Car: Yes, purchasing a car at the right time is as important as getting the best deal. Dealers come out with several discount offers during festive seasons. Plus, quarter- and month-end sales are also a good time for the purchase. So, if you really want to save money, then wait for such deals.
- Allowing Dealers To Choose Add-ons: Dealers usually scam their customers with their sales tactics. For instance, they might ask you for Teflon coating, corrosion finish and many more. The foremost thing – they’re aren’t the price they’ve quoted. Another thing – several manufacturers have already included anti-corrosion coating. So, before you fall into the trap, ask yourself whether or not you need them.
- Skimping On Test Drive: This is an absolute necessity, and you shouldn’t overlook this part. In the world of the internet, having a fair idea of reality is essential. What’s on Google and paper may likely be not true. So, take the car for the test drive. Most importantly, choose your own path and drive on rough patches and get a clear picture.
- Careless Selection Of Insurance Policy: Last but the most important one, don’t simply rely on the dealers’ insurance policy. Consider taking several quotes. Get flood protection cover if your region has water-logging issues all year long. Also, several websites offer great deals. Have a quick glance at them as well before spending your money.
As a car purchase is a big investment, navigating through these steps become more than important. With this in mind, you’ll be well-prepared for the storms coming your way. In addition, the above-listed mistakes will aid you in avoiding them and getting a great deal. You can further save money on car repair and maintenance.
Hi, I am Olivia Robinson, a writer, and blogger by profession. As I’m a wanderer, I share my experiences through my write-ups in a way that it’s understandable and appealing to the people. I aim to achieve a difference through my writing, which allows my readers to make informed and valuable choices.
Cover Photo by Caleb White on Unsplash