Published on November 7th, 2020 | by Bibhuranjan0
Choosing the Best Mobile Phone and Plan for your Business
Most smartphones are as flexible and powerful as a modern PC. It enables employees to carry out everyday tasks with ease using just mobile phones. As a business owner, you should understand that a business mobile phone can be an invaluable productivity and communication tool for professionals both out and inside the office. However, choosing business mobile phones may not always be a straightforward choice. Before you look at the business phone options, you need to ask yourself some questions:
- How many business mobile phones do you need? Will everyone in your office need a smartphone?
- How will business phones be used? Will they be for making and receiving calls, or will they be used as email devices, features like the camera will be used extensively?
- Where will mobile phones be used? Will the users spend a significant amount of time on business trips, or will they be largely office-based?
- What will your business mobile phones need to be compatible with? Do you want your staff to have access to certain software that is specific to your business via a smartphone?
There are several business mobile phone service providers in the UK. So, it can be a little overwhelming to decide which to go with. Thus, it is important that someone from your IT team is included in the decision-making process. They can advise you on integrating new devices into your business infrastructure and help determine a hassle-free way to support business mobile phones.
What About Business Mobile Phone Tariff?
- Intended Usage: Will mobile phones be significantly used for making and receiving calls, or will there be a substantial requirement for data usage?
- The Type of Handsets You Need: Since there is a selection of smartphone choices, you will need to narrow down your options. You need to determine the suitable models for your business. The tariff options you get will largely depend on the smartphone you choose.
The following are some of the most popular tariff options available to businesses in the United Kingdom:
- International: Not all business phone contracts provide allowances for overseas calls. If your business requires sending employees on international trips a lot, seek out tariff plans with decent international roaming rates.
- Pay Monthly: You can choose to have a monthly payment plan for all your smartphones. However, any data or talktime used above the allowance will be charged separately.
- Flexible: Some service providers offer business mobile phone contracts with no fixed term, allowing businesses to change the tariff and upgrade hardware at any point.
- Pay As You Use: You can top-up your business mobile phones when the credit runs out. This ensures a tight control on usage as the employees won’t be able to misuse it.
- Separate Bills for Service and Devices: Some providers will bill you separately for services and devices. This is quite convenient for some businesses from an accounting standpoint.
- Bolt-ons: You can add additional inclusive data allowances, texts, and minutes to your monthly bill or Pay As You Use contracts.
Android or iOS?
Now, you have two options when it comes to choosing business mobile phones – Android and iPhone.
- iOS is easy to use, easy to deploy, and secure and virus-free
- But, it offers limited customisability, is a closed operating system, and only a few hardware options available
- You will get a great tie-in with Google services, flexibility, and a huge range of device options
- However, Android is not always intuitive, is vulnerable to malicious apps, and choosing a robust smartphone from a whole host of Android devices is overwhelming
Choosing the right business mobile phone and plan is quite important for your organisation. There are several service providers in the UK offering business mobile phones. You need to review your requirements before making a decision.
Photo by Luis Villasmil on Unsplash