Published on October 19th, 2020 | by Ali Dino0
How to Migrate from Squarespace to Shopify Simply and Easily?
This question attracts the attention of many e-commerce representatives nowadays. Our digital environment is very flexible, so it is necessary to search for more profitable opportunities all the time. Many e-commerce startups trace their roots to Squarespace because it is one of the best SaaS-based hosting platforms for entrepreneurs with a smaller product offering.
When an e-commerce project is developing, there comes a day when Squarespace begins to limit business and promotional opportunities. These limitations are about store optimization, fulfillment issues, basic integration, customization, and other aspects. There is a good solution not to hinder the development progress – to migrate your online store from Squarespace to Shopify.
Migration to Shopify: Main Advantages
It goes without explanation that the platform with e-commerce enlarged capabilities is better than a general SaaS for website building. Additionally, Shopify provides the following benefits to all the e-commerce representatives:
- Robust ecosystem for entrepreneurs;
- Advanced customizations for front- and back-end;
- Efficient marketing channel establishment tools;
- Various payment gateways;
- Different SEO opportunities for better search engine traffic.
If you have decided to migrate from Squarespace to Shopify, a step-by-step guide on how to do this can be found below. It is worth noting that you can count on the special automated services like Cart2Cart for this purpose to avoid manual setup and the risk of your data loss. Use the link https://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/shopping-cart-migration-options/28509-squarespace-to-shopify-migration to see what data can be migrated and start the computer-aid store eCommerce information transfer. The whole process is carried out automatically.
If you would like to complete all the steps manually, here is a step-by-step plan of action.
Detailed Guide on How to Migrate from Squarespace to Shopify
The migration process contains two important stages – export of store data and import of all the necessary information to Shopify. The store Squarespace-located data items include product details, customer, and order information. This way, the exported database will be saved in the form of the CSV “Comma-Separated Values” file that is ready for ongoing import.
Stage #1: Export
- To start export, undertake the following steps:
- You need to log in to your Squarespace account first.
- Find the Setting section and click the “Advanced” button.
- In the Advanced Setting menu find the action button “Export”.
- Select everything you need to export – products, content, orders, etc.
- Form the CSV file and download it.
In prospect, users can use CSV files to migrate to other e-commerce systems. The same comma-separated values files are created when entrepreneurs migrate from other website builders like WIX to Shopify. There is a special automated system for easy and risk-free migration without manual data export and import. Use this link https://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/shopping-cart-migration-options/wix-to-shopify-migration to initiate e-commerce information transfer.
Stage #2: Import
- Create a Shopify account and find the Admin section.
- Click the “App” button. Here you will see the action button “Import store”.
- You will see a drop-down menu with available applications. Choose Squarespace from the list.
- Find the action button “Upload files” and prepare your CSV file.
- Click “Add files” and select the file you need (CSV file with exported data).
- Confirm your import, having clicked the button “Continue import”.
As can be seen, the migration process is not very complicated, but sometimes manual transferring of information from one system to another causes various problems with store data to be migrated. For example, users face information loss or absence of some imported details like gift cards and other customer records. To prevent such unpleasant situations, use an automated service for migration.