Published on August 27th, 2020 | by Bibhuranjan0
SEO Vs. Google Ads
When you run an online business, the ultimate goal of any site out there should be to gain maximum user attention to get converted into qualified leads. The best way of ensuring the same is through allowing prospective clients to know about your online existence. When you get your site to rank higher on the leading search engines like Google, it might turn out to be a challenging task –especially when the overall promotion of products & services is concerned. Should you invest in SEO or Google AdWords? This is one of the most common queries that most of business owners tend to have. While it is a tough question, you need to consider certain aspects of your business and determine the best strategy for yourself.
Most businesses out there are unaware of the fact whether they should try out the organic SEO strategy or go for the paid advertisement strategy for achieving the desired business goals. It is important to know that both SEO, as well as Google AdWords, are important components of ensuring effective SEM (Search Engine Marketing). These also serve to be the most vital advertising tools when you look forward to implementing a successful digital marketing campaign. While they might be similar in some contexts, there are certain points of differences between the two at the same time. Check out this solid comparison guide by ClickSlice on the which is best for your business – https://clickslice.co.uk/blog/google-ads-vs-seo/
What is Google AdWords?
Google Ads or Google AdWords, is the strategy provided by Google that you can make use of for marketing the products & services of your online brand. In case you are new to the concept of digital marketing, you might have still come across the common terms including PPC, bids & campaigns, AdWords, and others without knowing the in-depth meaning of these terms.
Google AdWords is referred to as the medium of advertising that is owned by Google. The advertisers out there can make use of the platform for positioning the respective ads in the Search Results Pages of Google. The associating Google products, including Gmail, YouTube, and others, tend to participate in the Google AdWords campaign as publishers –referred to as Google AdSense.
As a digital marketer, you can consider choosing to pay when a visitor would click on the respective ad of your brand (CPC –Cost Per Click) or when the visitors see the ads (CPM –Cost Per Thousands Impressions). The entire Google ads system serves to be a massive auction platform wherein the advertisers are known to compete for the available places for advertising.
What is SEO?
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is known to link to improved site rankings in the respective SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) of Google and other search engines. As an online business owner, when you wish to achieve the same, it is important to make sure that your site is SEO-friendly. When you have an SEO-friendly site, it tends to be ‘read’ easily by the subsequent search engines and used easily by the end users.
You can come across a myriad of SEO tips & strategies to increase the overall organic web traffic and improve the site rankings. However, the general idea is to ensure the presence of a fast, functional site with unique, rich content offering a good user experience.
Google Ads Vs. SEO
Now that you are aware of the role of Google AdWords and SEO for your online presence, here are some of the major points of differences you should know about:
- AdWords is meant for the websites that exist on Google –using the features of Google AdSense. On the other hand, SEO principles apply to the sites that widespread across all search engines.
- Traffic obtained from Google AdWords tends to be paid. On the other hand, the organic traffic that you obtain from SEO comes free of cost.
- AdWords are known to appear at the top & bottom section of the SERPs & Google Results Pages. Under specific conditions, you might get a position for your brand in the given places. However, in the case of SEO, you are required to work harder when you wish to get to the top positions of the organic search engine results.
- AdWords serve to be more immediate in comparison to the SEO strategies. This is because you are able to create marketing campaigns instantly using AdWords. Moreover, you can start getting traffic from the same as well almost instantly. With SEO, you are required to have more patience when you wish to achieve better rankings and traffic. However, experts believe that SEO results tend to be more effective in the long run.
- When you tend to stop the AdWords advertising campaign, traffic to your site also stops right away. However, with SEO, the organic traffic that you get on the site keeps coming in the long run.
Which is the Best Strategy for Your Advertising Goals?
When you hire services from a reliable SEO agency, the main goal of any SEO agency would be to promote organic traffic to your site in the most cost-effective manner. This can be easily achieved with the help of SEO strategies and tips for your site. On the other hand, if you are looking for instant results by paying more, you can consider investing in Google AdWords strategies.
There is no single right or wrong in the given aspect. The entire choice would depend on certain factors, including your budget, competition, and the business niche. For most of the business enterprises out there, a combination of organic as well as paid advertising campaign works the best. The organic ranking obtained from SEO is known to provide your site with high-end authority, improved loyalty, and effective long-term results. On the other hand, paid advertising campaigns like Google AdWords can help you achieve immediate ranking with increased visibility at the same time.
Whether you are looking forward to managing the digital marketing strategies on your own or hiring a reliable SEO agency, make the best choice for your business.
Photo by Austin Distel on Unsplash