Published on March 15th, 2020 | by Guest0
An Effective Guide for the DevOps Foundation Certification
Do you have an IT background? Well, if yes, then you might have heard about the term DevOps Foundation. And if your profession is not related to technology, then allow yourself to get introduced with a new term called DevOps. This concept is nearly a decade old and was first introduced in Belgium by a group of agile champions in 2009. Being recognized as “the father of DevOps,” Patrick Debois coined the term “DevOps.” The DevOps Foundation gained momentum with time as it was an amalgamation of various tools such as Agile, Operations Management, Theory of Constraints, Lean, and IT Service Management.
This methodology consists of the collaborative applications of Agile as well as Lean operations work. It also emphasizes the cooperation of development staff and operations. At every developmental lifecycle stage, this methodology is required for managing the creation and operation of services efficiently.
After knowing in brief about the DevOps Foundation, now comes the question as to why become a DevOps Engineer? It brings light on the significance of various operations in a world that is hugely service-oriented. Therefore, the DevOps Foundation certification program comes into action. Having a software background means that you possess the necessary skills, prerequisite comprehension, and knowledge that is necessary to qualify for the DevOps Foundation exam. Without needing the foundational training course. If you are well familiar with the associated practices of DevOps that are being adopted by many organizations these days, then it would be a plus point for you to give the Foundation exam.
Why do Organizations Require DevOps?
The DevOps Foundation approach helps automate delivery management for the services related to operational objectives. So, this provides an improved understanding of the production layers in various environment stacks. Moreover, it is beneficial in resolving and preventing several issues associated with production. For approaching DevOps, a success, a vigilant business management technique along with appropriate right skills is essential.
Talking about the technical benefits, we cannot ignore the fact that with this, the problems become less complicated, and hence they are easy to fix. It is useful for making software delivery a continuous process as resolving problems is a quick process. Now, the business benefits include its great features along with fast delivery. There are more stable operating environments.
- There are shorter time frames when making a move from code related to engineering code onto the executable production code. The short developmental life cycle is beneficial for the creation of increased frequency, which is needed for all the release code that becomes the production.
- The DevOps Foundation consists of a short development life cycle. So, the approach helps in promoting enhanced communication along with collaboration among operations as well as development teams.
- You can also notice the reduction in deployment failures along with rollbacks. The advantages gathered from faster development as well as deployment, are generally nullified by a failed implementation. However, the software which is developed by following the approach of DevOps considers the operational viewpoint too. So, when it is combined with a better clause of defect detection, it significantly helps in reducing the number of problems that generate after deployment. And hence, the methodology also results in fewer rollbacks.
- The recovery time upon failure is also reduced with this approach. So, when any failure occurs, it has been observed that the time for recovery is relatively reduced when DevOps is used as compared to any other traditional IT environment. The main reason behind it is the integration of teams.
- This makes a culture of constant deployment along with development. Also, the subsequent growth in the IT value of business takes place. So, this enhanced release velocity is a progressive advantage to an IT organization in terms of competition.
- In addition to this, with DevOps, there is also to observed improved defect detection. As discussed earlier, that its methodology is associated with Agile programming, so it can be defined as the extended Agile programming. Some principles of Agile, including iterative development, modular programming, collaboration, service operations, all these allow breaking large codebases into small and more manageable features. Hence, the process of detecting defects becomes easier.
- From the requirements process till the release, the usual timeframe is approximately 3-6 months. However, with DevOps, this release build cycle will be seen decreasing to either a daily or hourly basis.
What is the Importance of a DevOps Certification?
Now, more number of organizations who are planning cloud deployments are therefore adopting the DevOps methodologies and practices. It is because the best practices are required to be learned and codified to work efficiently in an IT industry to achieve excellence. Today, the practitioners of DevOps come under the highest paid IT professionals as well as have a rapid market demand all around the world. Reportedly, it has been noticed that DevOps Managers earn huge bucks annually and not to forget DevOps engineers who are giving high competition.
Well, if you too want to earn a whopping amount, then go ahead with the DevOps Foundation certification. Online websites, including Knowledge hut, and more there help you out. You can gather all the required knowledge needed to pass the exam from there. The primary purpose of the DevOps Foundation course is to test as well as validate basic principles, vocabulary, knowledge, and practices of DevOps. With this course, one can get a clear idea about the related vocabulary concepts, methods, and terms.
This certification helps provide an understanding of basic concepts, implementation, communication, of DevOps. The integration between professionals of IT operations and software developers is also quite apparent with it.
You will have to give a 60-minute exam to get this certification. This examination consists of 40 multiple-choice questions that are related to the DevOps Foundation. Its certification is directly administered, maintained, and governed by the DevOps Institute. The certificate of DevOps Foundation will act as a prerequisite for any of your future courses of DevOps certification.
Today, the communication, cooperation, as well as integration of IT operations along with software developers, is of great importance. According to DevOps, these are interdependent units that lead the organization in providing escalate IT and software services. After this certification, an individual would be able to improve the easy flow of work between the professionals of software developers and IT operations. Hence, you will become skilled in designing, development, implementation, deployment, and operations for faster delivery of software services.