Published on March 25th, 2020 | by Bibhuranjan0
6 Tips in Setting Up a Website for Your New Business
Setting up a website has many advantages for your new business. You will be able to expand your reach and you can easily introduce your business to your target audience. You can even use the platform to sell your products or services. Thus, it is important to set up a website as early as possible. Do not worry because it does not require techy skills to be able to set-up one. You can do it on your own – it is that easy. In this article, we will give you some tips:
- Choose a domain name – you should pick a simple name but most probably, the simple name that you will think of is already taken. If the exact-match name of your business is already taken, we suggest to come up with combination of words to form a unique and available domain. You should choose a name that is easy to remember and easy to spell so users can easily type in your URL name or tell their friends about it.
- Register domains – after choosing the domain and seeing its availability, you should then proceed to domain registration. You should pick an extension name – most people go for .com or .net since those are the popular ones but it is recommendable to register the name in all extensions to avoid conflict in the future.
- Have an SSL certificate – this gives your website credibility and assurance for users that your site is safe and secured. Most online users are very particular in the website they trust especially if they’ll be putting their credit card details and billing information. Having SSL certificate will make them trust you.
- Keep your homepage clean and simple – your homepage should instantly explain to the visitors what your website is about and what they should do next. It is best to keep it simple and direct to the point. Do not put too many words and long paragraphs as you only have a few minutes or even seconds to capture the attention of your visitors.
- Come up with interesting and useful content – your website should offer high quality and useful content. It can be an article, videos, images or other stuff that your visitors will find interesting. Also, be sure to update with new content regularly. Most important of all, you should produce content that are related to the nature of your business. You should stick with the theme.
- Register a business email – it is also advisable to have a business email that contains your domain name. it looks very professional rather than using free email platforms. You can use this to give to clients or target consumers.
These are some tips to help you set up your website for your new business. There are free templates online and helpful tools that can help you with the layout of your site. Lastly, be sure to include complete Contact Us information so users can reach you. And be sure to respond within 24 hours for their peace of mind.