Published on August 31st, 2018 | by Guest0
What is Udyog Aadhar Registration
Udyog Aadhar Registration
Prior to 2015, all the Micro, Medium and Small enterprises (MSME) were required to obtain MSME registration. To simplify the whole process for MSME the government replaced the MSME registration with Udyog Aadhar. As compared to the MSME Registration, the process of obtaining Udyog Aadhar is very easy and online. Udyog Aadhar is a 12 digit unique number providing a unique business id to your MSME. Also through Udyog Aadhar you can avail many government schemes and benefits.
Who are required to obtain Udyog Aadhar Registration?
One owning a medium, small or micro enterprise has to register for Udyog Aadhar. Under the MSME Act, 2006 the status of MSME depends upon the turnover of the Company or enterprise. The turnover is also based on the type of activity the enterprise is involved i.e. in providing services or manufacture/ producing goods. One can observe the applicability of MSME certificate on them from following table:
|Provides Service||Manufacturing of goods|
|1.||Micro Enterprise||Up to 5 Cr.||Up to 25 Lakh|
|2.||Small Enterprise||5 Cr to 75 Cr||25 Lakh to 5 Cr|
|3.||Medium Enterprise||75 Cr to 250 Cr.||5 Cr to 10 Cr|
Why obtain Udyog Aadhar Registration?
Udyog Aadhar registration is required as after registering for the Udyog Aadhar you will be entitled to receive the benefit under various government schemes like a subsidy, easy loan, and loan without guarantee or subsidized rates of interest. You will also be eligible to receive financial support for foreign expos to showcase your product. The Process is very simple and also entitles the business entity to various exemptions like under direct tax laws or filling patent or trademark or for government tenders. So the Udyog Aadhar Registration not only provides an unquie identity to your business as MSME but also provide the entity with various exemptions and benefits under the government scheme.
Udyog Registration details
There are only two forms which one has to fill under Udyog registration i.e. Entrepreneur Memorandum-I and Entrepreneur Memorandum II. As such no documents are required for the Form although you will have to provide details in the form in which you require some documents. Following are the details required for Udyog Aadhar registration:
- Aadhar Number,
- Name of the owner as provided in Aadhar card,
- The category like general SC ST OBC etc,
- Business Name,
- Type of entity like partnership, company or LLP,
- Date of Commencement of business,
- Details of previous MSME registration if any,
- Bank Details like Account no. , IFSC code,
- Key activities of business i.e. service or manufacturing,
- National Industrial classification code as per your business activity,
- No. of employees,
- The total amount of Investment in plant and machinery.
- Details of district industry centre as per the location of the enterprise.
Udyog Registration Process
- You have to go to the Udyog Aadhar website: https://udyogaadhaar.gov.in/UA/UAM_Registration.aspx
- You have to enter your name and your Aadhar number as shown in the picture below
- After entering the details you have to click on ‘validate and generate OTP’. You will then receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- After entering the OTP you will have to choose your category like General, SC, ST or OBC.
- You will have to fill in the details about the entity like the name of the entity type of entity etc.
- Then you will have to fill in the details as provided above like bank details, the address of entity carry forward information, classification of the entity, total investment etc
- After filling such details you have to accept the declaration and submit your application.
- After accepting you will receive an acknowledgment number.
Change Udyog Aadhar details
Once you have received your Udyog Aadhar number for your enterprise, you might find that there are few mistakes on your Udyog Aadhar details. Recently, the Ministry of MSME has recently allowed changes in Udyog Aadhar registration. This process is also very easy. You can login at: https://udyogaadhaar.gov.in/UA/UA_EntrepreneurLogin.aspx. After entering your name and Aadhar number and the OPT, you will be able to edit the information in the Udyog Aadhar.
Relation with the Udyog Aadhar and MSME Databank
Udyog Aadhar is also realted with the MSME Databank. After the registration on udyog aadhar portal if you want to avail the government benefits then you can go with the MSME Databank Registration.
Conclusion for Udyog Aadhar Registration
Udyog Aadhar is must for an MSME so as to have unique business identification and to receive the benefit under the government schemes. Even the Government of India has simplified the process of MSME registration by replacing it with a simpler Udyog Aadhar registration. The Udyog Aadhar registration does not require submission of any documents which makes it more hassle-free and can be submitted online.