Published on November 3rd, 2016 | by Guest0
Top 10 Ways To Bait New Customers for Your E-Commerce Business
Just like brick and mortar businesses, online business’s deal with the persistent challenge of drawing new customers. Of course, this is no simple task. Attracting visitors to your e-business can take a fair amount of time and have its shares of ups and downs. However, to help get you going, here are 10 ways to bait new customers to your e-commerce business.
1) Offer A Great Looking Store
Before anything else, an online business needs to be attractive and well-structured. Think of the landing page of your site as its storefront. To draw people in, you want it to be professional and aesthetically pleasing. After all, online shoppers literally have thousands of sites to choose from, and creating a beautiful site will help set your site apart. Besides just being pleasing to the eye, though, a great looking e-commerce store will be seen as being more trustworthy which is always a top priority for buyers.
2) Make A Strong Second Impression
Now that you’ve lured people in with your beautiful and professional site, you want to make sure that your first communications with your customers are also impressive. So make sure to look over all the messages your business sends out whenever a new or potential customer interacts with your site for the first time. You want to send out personalized, welcoming emails that will let your customers know that you’re a consumer-focused business.
If you want to go a step further, you can also create an explainer video for new visitors that offers information and tips about your company. This sparks their interest and sends the signal that you’re here to be helpful and make things easy for them.
3) Clone Your Audience
We love our best customers, so why not create more like them? With top-quality data and advanced analytics, you can build “clones” of your current customer base. Programs that allow you analyze your CRM database and give back very similar customers are a huge next step in data-driven digital marketing.
4) Show Them A Good Time!
People love games. And according to Aron Ezra, the CEO of a technology company called Offer Craft that designs games that offer customers a fun and immersive experience, “Too often, online marketing incentives are boring. Using games in your marketing and advertising can help change that. Things like trivia games or instant win games have been shown to dramatically increase the chances of someone remembering an offer and feeling more positively towards it. We often double or triple redemption rates by creating digital marketing experience online customers genuinely enjoy.”
5) Create Hotshot Content
No question about it, offering killer content is one of the best ways to draw visitors to your e-business. Creating content that answers the questions that your visitors would natural have about a particular subject that relates to your product or service, or simply content that talks about the product or service itself, is an excellent way to build up a loyal audience that keeps returning for more.
And if you’re not already a great writer, don’t worry, here are some tools that can help you on your way:
- Guardian and Observer Style Guide – Although you need to provide useful info, it’s also important to present it in a way that clear, current, easy to process. The Guardian and Observe Style Guide offers great tips on writing along with providing the definitions of lesser known words.
- Unsplash – People love visuals and Unsplash will discover the perfect imagery to supplement your written content. A free subscription to Unsplash gets you 10 free high-resolution images per week with a guarantee that the images do not violate any copyrights.
- Professional Custom Writing – If you want the best content possible for your site, seeking out a professional writing service is always a great way to go. With this custom writing service, you’re provided with professional, native English-speaking writers who will create customized work that strictly adheres to the specific instructions you provide.
- Portent’s Content Idea Generator – When you’re putting out a lot of content, it can get pretty challenging to keep coming up with relevant ideas. Fortunately, with this idea generator, you can simply enter whatever word or words you want and it will come up with an idea suggestion. Don’t like what you get the first time? Simply click “refresh” and another idea will be offered to you.
- Ilys – Is the compulsion to edit as you write slowing you down? Ilys is a helpful tool that lets you input how many words you want to write in a session and then makes you keep writing by not letting you stop and go back to make changes. Once you do hit the designated word count, Ilys allows you to go back and edit what you’ve written.
6) Tricks to Build Referrals
Referrals are the lifeblood of any business, and Travis Bennett of Studio Digita suggests two tricks to entice your customers to refer your e-business to others:
- Offer each customer a code to give to anyone they refer to your business. Then, once the referral signs up and inputs the code, she receives a discount while the customer who did the referring is awards a discount on a future purchase.
- Tell your customers that if they promote your business they’ll get a giant discount – yes, it’s that simple.
7) Build A Home Base
While it’s great to establish a presence on the social media sites, you also want your own website that can be found by a simple search of your e-business’s name. Ideally, you want the domain name for your site to include the name of your business.
8) Create A Media Online Center
Establishing an online presence through the promotion of high-quality videos, photos and reproducible info is a great way to increase traffic to your site and grow your business. By showing off your e-business along with its principles and any media coverage or appearances, you’ll do a tremendous amount to demonstrate to your audience that you’re a leader in your industry or market and are a valuable and trusted resource for information and opinions.
9) Design A Program That Shares Your Content
Successful e-businesses build their audience by providing content that’s not only relevant and useful, but that also doesn’t come across as a pushy sales piece. Develop a schedule where you’ll regularly provide content and you’ll become the kind of consistent online presence that draws in a large and loyal fan base. You don’t have to become a daily posting and sharing machine either, but just a few Tweets per day, one or two weekly blog posts and a Facebook posting every 2 or 3 days will do a lot to attract visitors to your site.
10) Keep An Eye On The Buzz
In order to make your audience happy, you need to be aware of the things your visitors or customers are saying about you online. If they have kind words for you, they’ll appreciate it when you thank them, and if they offer criticism, concerns, or even inaccurate comments you can respond in the appropriate manner. The social media platform make watching out for what’s being said about you quite easy by showing you an alert whenever someone posts something with your username in it.
While it takes some hard work and time to attract new customers for your e-business, implementing the tips listed above into your marketing strategy will set you on the right track. Just remember to be aware of who your audience is and shape these techniques in a way that will best cater to them. Now go get those customers!
About the author:
Steven Mehler is an experienced writer, blogger, SEO specialist and social psychologist that works as an editor at a local newspaper and a freelance writer. Steven also runs his own content agency and is writing a book. He has a long-term experience in writing articles based on blogging, marketing, SEO and social psychology.