Published on April 19th, 2021 | by Bibhuranjan0
8 Best VPN Services for Fire TV Stick Devices
As one of the popular streaming services, Amazon’s Fire TV Stick is an easy-to-use media device with surplus features. Simply plugging the fire stick into your TV’s HDMI video input will open up the gates to a new world where streamable content is endless and games are reasonably priced. But its spirit (to give access to more) doesn’t end there; there’s a lot more firestick can offer and do if you incorporate a VPN into it.
Scroll down to find the best VPN for Fire TV Stick devices. Moreover, you will also learn how to install a VPN on Fire TV Stick.
But first things first,
A VPN on FireStick, above everything else, will allow you to watch geo-restricted content on almost all streaming services. But there are other benefits of utilizing a VPN too, like:
- Bypass government censorship, allowing you to access any blocked websites.
- Get unlimited access to free streaming apps like Kodi (view free content).
- Hide your digital footprints and avoid any legal troubles.
- Protect your data (sensitive information) from prying eyes.
- Enhance your gaming experience by avoiding any potential DDoS attacks.
- Prevent bandwidth throttling by your ISP.
|Note: This article, in any way, does not condone using a VPN to cover up illegal activity and illicit streaming. The information in the article only familiarizes you with the abilities of a reliable VPN service.|
- Above all, it should have an app on the Amazon app store for easy installation and use. At the time of writing, some notable VPNs present on the Amazon app store are NordVPN, ExpressVPN, SurfStark, WindScribe, IPVanish, Hotspot Shield, CyberGhost, PureVPN.
- It should be able to shield your digital activities.
- It should be fast and allow you to stream high-quality content without buffering.
- It should have a strict no-logs policy.
- It should bypass geo-restrictions on major streaming services.
There are countless VPN providers, but not all have the ability to maximize your Firestick streaming experience (like a VPN should). Here are the best VPNs for Fire TV Stick:
- 1600+ servers in 75+ locations grant access to blocked content.
- Standard AES 256-bit encryption is enough to hide your digital footprints.
- High speed and unlimited bandwidth guarantee continuous streaming without interruptions.
- SOCKS5 proxy to mask your IP address.
- Dedicated app in the Amazon app store.
U.S Based (5/9/14 EYES alliance) IPVanish is the only VPN that doesn’t rent its servers and has absolute control of them; it also provides users with 40000+ pseudo IPs to better protect their location and presents a safe internet. It also has the ability to bypass restrictions on Netflix and other similar streaming services. Moreover, you can add a few dollars extra and get 500GB Secure Storage Space paired with VPN protection. Nonetheless, being as inclusive it is with its features, the IPVanish interface is quite cumbersome, and it might take a few days before you get acquainted with the cluttered menu.
- 5440+ servers in 59 countries ensure access to blocked content
- Ultra-fast speed with unlimited bandwidth allowing uninterrupted streaming.
- Built-in Kill switch and Strict no-logs policy protect details of your digital activity.
- Built-in CyberSec avoids botnet control and protects from malware attacks.
- Has an app in Amazon’s App Store.
NordVPN is one of the world’s leading VPN providers, there are barely any other VPN services that can compete with Nord’s privacy and security levels. NordVPN shields your activities with military-grade encryption; moreover, it is based in Panama(not a member of the 5/9/14 EYES alliance). Being one of the fastest VPNs out there, you’ll not have to sacrifice speed for security. Also, unlimited and high-quality bandwidth ensures continuous streaming in HD quality on Firestick. Moreover, the CyberSec feature on NordVPN blocks ads, trackers, and other malware.
On top of everything else, NordVPN also gives you access to the restricted content on Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, Disney+, and many more streaming services.
- Servers in 160 locations across 94 countries ensure no borders and no limits.
- Speediest VPN rendering excellent connection speeds.
- AES 256-bit encryption with forward secrecy features shields your digital activity.
- Network Lock (kill switch) guarantees that your device won’t leak your IP address.
- Dedicated Fire Stick VPN app.
ExpressVPN is valued for its high speed and the capability of circumnavigating geo-blockers. Not only will it allow you to stream in 4K without buffering, but also it grants you access to blocked content on the streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Hotstar, BBC iPlayer, etc. Still, ExpressVPN is moderately pricey (compared to NordVPN), but it excellently compensates that cost with its high speed. Having a strict no-logs policy, ExpressVPN ensures that your data remains shielded from the eyes of your ISP and the government. If you don’t mind spending a few bucks more (for better speed and security), ExpressVPN is the best choice for your Fire TV Stick.
- 3200+ servers in 65 countries, promises to eliminate all barriers to restricted content.
- Industry-leading AES 256-bit encryption level assuring your data is secure and private.
- Kill-Switch and Strict no-logs policy guarantee no data leaks.
- CleanWeb (built-in adblocker) prevents malware or phishing attempts.
- Dedicated app in the Amazon store.
SurfStark is another impressive VPN service for Firestick that assures private and secure connection as well as uninterrupted 4K streaming. While SurfStark features, compared to NordVPN and ExpressVPN (for torrenting and split-tunneling), may be somewhat fewer, its ease-of-use and simple interface will impress any user. Besides, its pricing is simply unbeatable when it comes to long-term subscriptions.
Need a VPN to access restricted content while being protected from prying eyes? SurfStark is the VPN for you!
- 3200+ servers in 72 countries, giving you access to any and all content.
- High speed and unlimited bandwidth ensure no buffering.
- Best-in-class military-grade security shields your data.
- Kill Switch and Strict no-logs policy, no data leaks whatsoever.
- Configured to protect your devices from malware and phishing attacks.
- Dedicates VPN app for FireStick.
Praised by Times, Bloomberg, CNN, and numerous other recognized critiques, HotSpot Shield has everything that a reliable VPN demands. With Hotspot Shield, you can stream uninterruptedly in HD. It also gives you access to restricted content on Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Disney+, and more services. Besides usual features, the Hotspot shield also includes a built-in Password Manager that you can utilize to safe-keep your passwords.
- 7100 servers in 89 countries, letting you enjoy the internet without restrictions.
- 256-bit military-grade encryption ensures complete anonymity.
- Kill Switch and Strict no-logs policy, restraining any data leaks.
- Built-in AdBlocker and protection against malware and online trackers.
- CyberGhost is available in the Amazon App Store.
Known as the best VPN for Torrenting, CyberGhost is also suitable for Firestick. You can stream restricted content of many services, including Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HotStar, BBC iPlayer, and many more. Moreover, CyberGhost competes well with ExpressVPN in terms of speed; so, you’ll not have any interruption while streaming high quality.
- Servers in 110 cities spread across 63 countries, one of the largest networks among VPN providers.
- AES-256 cipher with 4096-bit RSA key enough to safeguard your anonymity.
- Kill Switch and Strict no-logs policy ensure all your digital activity remains protected.
- R.O.B.E.R.T (Adblocker) prevents annoying ads and malicious content.
- WindScribe App is available in the Amazon app store.
Pricey like ExpressVPN and but also includes all that ExpressVPN has and some more. WindScribe lets you stream restricted content and has one of the top speeds to let you watch in high definition without any interruptions. Like CyberGhost, WindScribe also permits you manually change your IP to a fake one instead of just masking it. Moreover, you can use WindScribe for free, but for FireStick (only 10GB data monthly), the premium subscription is more suitable.
- 6500+ servers in 140 countries across 180+ locations say goodbye to geo-barriers.
- Standard 256-bit AES Encryption safeguards your anonymity.
- Internet Kill Switch and Logless VPN (Certified), no hoardings of your data.
- App is available on the Amazon app store.
PureVPN is as pure as a VPN should be; incorporating all the features that one would require while streaming on Firestick, PureVPN is also a good choice if you’re looking for a cheap but reliable VPN. With a rating of 4.7 on Trustpilot, be assured that there will be no interruptions while streaming content in 4K. Moreover, you can simply switch server location to watch blocked content on Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, and more.
If your preferred VPN is accessible on the Amazon app store like the VPNs specified earlier, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Open the Amazon App Store on your Fire TV Stick.
- Search for the VPN.
- Download it.
- Enter the login credentials (from your subscription).
- Connect to a server location.
Voila! Now, you can even stream blocked content by simply switching the server location.
However, if the VPN isn’t available on the app store, you will have to learn how to jailbreak firestick; that is to say, grant special permission to the Fire TV Stick to install third-party applications (that are not present on the Amazon’s App Store).
Here’s how to install a VPN on Fire TV Stick from an APK file:
- Open Fire TV Stick.
- Browse this path: Settings > Device > Developer Options.
- Enable the Allow Apps from Unknown Sources toggle switch.
- Now, hover to the Search menu and type in Downloader.
- Install and Launch Downloader.
- On the main interface, navigate to the URL bar.
- Enter the URL of the APK installer (Android App of the VPN service).
- Select the Go (→) icon.
- Download and Install the VPN.
- Enter the login credentials (subscription details).
- Choose the desired server and click Connect.
To connect your Amazon Fire device to a VPN Router, follow VPN provider instructions by visiting their webpage. As requirement changes according to the make and model of the router.
This list of best VPNs for Fire TV Stick includes only the most reliable and trustworthy VPNs. Besides, all the mentioned VPNs offer a money-back guarantee.
As mentioned, countless VPN services on the internet promise added features and make huge claims offering you cheaper subscription rates, but not all are dependable and secure. Moreover, many just claim to have the highest speed but throttle your connection; subscribing to such VPN services, you’ll not be able to stream even in decent quality, forget High quality.