Published on October 6th, 2017 | by Bibhuranjan Nath0
What makes digital marketing effective and versatile?
Today, making a name for yourself in the sea of online markets is quite a daunting task. Yes there are ways to aid your startup or product in getting recognition by the public but truth be told, it depends quite a lot on your understanding of markets and the norms following the markets, in short R&D is a constant necessity. It’s easy to throw in a bucket load of cash and get absolutely no returns from the investment. And even if you might have a high quality proven product, it still won’t be easy to convince the customer to buy your product especially when you aren’t a household name. Now success or failure is a matter of discussion for the later stages but whatever maybe the result, you first have to get your name out there and make yourself popular and the easiest way to do this is through digital marketing.
Digital marketing is a hot new trend that everybody seems to be jumping into these days. Every new start-up, every existing company and even companies or organisations that never thought that they would need such a thing are now jumping stations seeing the imminent potential of this web framework.
What makes digital marketing so special?
Ever since the inception of the internet, digital marketing has been constantly used as a platform to conduct and promote businesses online. One doesn’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that online marketing can be indeed a powerful tool to promote, advertise and sell products on a large scale owing to the gigantic customer base potential on the web versus anywhere else. But the thing that makes digital markets so exciting apart from the huge potential customer base, is perhaps the versatility and diversity of web markets. Digital marketing can be used to specifically target groups of customers that hold potential for the sales and distribution of the product.
Advantages of digital marketing
There are actually a multitude of reasons as to why one might choose or prefer digital marketing over conventional means:
- More accurate data: If you opt for digital marketing, chances are that your ad agency will provide you with very accurate data regarding your web campaign. This in turn can be used to pinpoint underperforming areas of the campaign that need tweaking to maximise visitor flow and plan on capital investment.
Marketing Agencies that do SEO marketing in Miami like Webris can help you find out about the latest marketing tools and manage your site traffic.
- Has a wider reach: Say what you will but nobody can deny the fact that the internet is a huge library sprawling with visitors and it makes for a very attractive platform to visit if you want to advertise your product.
- Better ROI: When you start spending on an advertisement campaign, you expect it to yield more benefits than you’ve spent in the long run. Digital marketing has been shown to do just that. The fact that you can spend gradually expand or tighten your investments based on the data collected from your ad agency, gives you absolute control over the investments.
- More than one Form: This is perhaps one of the biggest USP’s of Digital Marketing. Your campaign doesn’t need to stick to one form of advertisement if you are using multiple web streams for distribution of advertisement. You can make your campaign adaptable to different sites that use different forms for displaying advertisements. For example: When you advertise on Facebook, you can adapt the ad to a sponsored post that appears in-feed. This follows the format of native advertising. Similarly, in pages of where native advertising isn’t an option, you can switch to regular banner ads.
Role of Organic SEO in Digital Marketing
It’s no secret that Google’s search engine used to play a bigger than imaginable role in diverting traffic to your site. Now however we don’t solely rely on Google for traffic as there are a multitude of platforms like AdWords and Bing Ads that play similar roles. Even advertisement in social media platforms have seen significant momentum. Everybody is diversifying their traffic sources. So one might think that the Organic search provided by search engines no longer have much gains when it comes to diverting traffic. But while it isn’t the hottest trend in generating traffic, it is still immensely relevant.
Let’s discuss why:
- More Real Profits: Social media advertising can generate a lot of views but organic search gives you more traffic in a real world situation. Social media advertising has its own benefits if you are looking to quickly generate awareness but often most statistics dictate that there are less actual views in social media for your site. So even if you have 10k views, your site traffic won’t comprise of 10k people. Whereas in Organic SEO, people generally search for you and not see you forcefully. So people are more likely to visit your site, generate traffic and build your business.
Also see independent studies on Organic vs. Social media advertising
- Potential Goodwill: Organic SEO’s take longer to come into effect but it can yield more accurate results in the longer run. It works in accordance with the content by link building, keyword optimisation and so on. In other words, if your site has high quality content, you can initially build up a significant visitor database and afterwards even if you are no longer a part of the SEO deal, you’ll still get similar traffic because visitors will come back for your content.
Also Read How Online Marketing and SEO makes your business grow
- More relevant: Whenever we perform a search on Google, the first few links that come up are usually sponsored content for the search and has the most exclusive and relevant info for the search entered. This is because Google or any other search engine for that matter, display’s links with high Organic search optimisation first.
How does marketing campaigns get affected?
As you probably know by now, there are number of ways through which you can get your product out into the open. But invoking the customer to take interest in your product remains the challenge. Often you may find that your site isn’t generating enough traffic or underperforming despite your expenditures into the right marketing streams and you may start to doubt your web marketing agency for this but that fact of the matter is that there may be a number of reasons why it might be the case.
- Negative SEO: This a straight up nuisance. Someone rightly said that keep your friends close but your enemies closer. The Online markets are really cut throat when it comes to competition. It is often seen that business competitors spice up the competition by giving attractive offers to customers but some sinister competitors often start a war of negative ratings for the site so it may go down altogether. Thus freeing up the competition.
- Failure to use Canonicalization: Canonicalization is a much bigger aspect to content than one might think it to be. What is does is that it prevents duplicate content from getting indexed by search engines. A site wise canonicalization might be a good idea if you are seeing a drop on your site ratings because of someone stealing your content. It’s not uncommon and a definite first line of defence from search engines slowly diminishing your search authority. For first time readers, a canonical tag looks like this
<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/url-a.html" />
- Outbound Links: A search rank by any search engine can be affected by the usage of outbound links in your page. In essence, if your page has too many links relating to other sites, it’s easy for search engines to index it as a spam and that may dilute your search ranking. However too few outbound links can also mean that your site isn’t as profound and search engines will not index it on the basis of quality factors. In both cases, proper use of outbound links can go a long way to determine the search ratings.
Read about common SEO mistakes here
- Weak product descriptions: As the heading states, weak or short product descriptions often cause problems for search engines because they don’t get adequate information to work with. This might be a problem for sites that specialize in site trading or e-commerce. Weak product descriptions can mean that the search engines will struggle to run indexes your site out during a search query.
- Poor keyword optimisation: It’s a no brainer that keyword optimisation can go a long way in SEO. Strong and accurate keywords can mean the difference between a high traffic rate and site un-indexing especially when running it in conjunction with Organic SEO. Therefore it is important to have accurate keywords for product descriptions so Search engines can latch onto quickly.
Organising keywords for Organic searching? Read this
But let’s just say your site recovered from a terrible incident like Negative SEO ratings, what do you do now?
Social Media Influencers to the rescue
In such cases it might be a good idea to hire a Social media Influencer. Social media as we know, is a great place to showcase and advertise your products. Despite the strict guidelines and rules surrounding companies like Facebook, one cannot deny the possibility of what a good marketing campaign based on the social media platform can do.
A social media influencer is usually a person of expertise of a product industry. He/she is a well-known person who can help your business get back into track. A good social media influencer will encourage customers to build confidence in the site and generate traffic. And while it may be a while before your site can achieve its former glory after such an event, rest assured a social media influencer always works for quick trust building and traffic generation. Even when you haven’t had such a calamity, a social media influencer can still help you build your site trust and generate traffic and affirm your position in the search index.
Marketing online is a huge task. There are many perils and challenges that lie within and everybody is there for a piece of the action. But despite this it is fantastic platform that lets you expose your product and gather popularity among billions of potential customers. There is definitely a fair bit of planning required before jumping into this but good leadership and professional consultancy will go a long way to make it a successful investment. So before you jump into this, make your plans carefully.