Facebook or Twitter, both has a reputation in the market and has millions of users who practically spent a large amount of their time in these Social Media Platforms. But as it is understood both has different formats and even the users that are using the either platform has different mindset and way of approach on the sites. It might be the case that same users be present in both the platforms but the purpose and the information they seek or the people and pattern of their preferences and follows is totally different on both the platforms. So depending on the attitude of the user and your purpose of the marketing you should plan the Marketing Strategy of the Social Media.
Talking about Facebook, the people here are more biased towards a personal and informal attitude. They like to share their personal life and more about the events and informal relations you have across the web and your real life. Even the type of pages and people they follow are more of their personal choice and not the professional bias. Some other observations are Facebook is more reliable for any service related industry than that of others. Like the people are more interested about the travel and hotel views and even the other Spa and Health related industries. Products and other companies are also having a good base in the Facebook but it is more about making the customers aware about the products and schemes rather than the conversion and sale approach. The maximum profit as far as I have researched the Facebook is made by the Applications and Web approaches made by the marketers to make the people download the Application. Even the Facebook Paid marketing has a special section to market the Application in the Facebook Suggestions which will be mentioned in detail in the below given details.
Talking about Twitter on the other side, the twitter has been always more about Facts and Thought to spread wildly across the globe. Spreading your views and thoughts in the maximum number of people and that is where the hashtags comes in. People try to reach out to maximum people with the use of ‘hashtags’ and try to spread the word across the people who share the same views or at least connect through same hashtags. Here whether we talk about products or services, the main strategy that works to promote a thing is by creating a Campaign and linking the campaign with a unique hashtag for the same. The idea is to connect as many people as possible and make them a part of the campaign with the hashtag. The game is all about becoming trending. Where Facebook is all about personal stuff, Twitter is about saying it loud and spreading the word as much as possible.
Now, both the platforms have a Paid marketing services with certain options and dimensions to work on and different ways of reaching to your Target Audience. To understand the options properly the content will follow this pattern: procedure, options, budget, pros and cons of both the Platform’s Paid services.
The paid services by Facebook are termed as Facebook Adverts and it is an easy process to set up a Paid Marketing campaign on Facebook. You can promote a Page, a Post, a Product, a Service, or an Application and also a Location on the Facebook to your Target Audience.
The best thing of Facebook Adverts is you can practically choose any source to connect to the Target Audience. No other social media platform has such varieties and options. The options are
- What they buy online and offline
You can choose from any of the above options and Facebook will automatically choose target audience for you.
- You can choose budget i.e. how much money you want to spend on Advert
- Then there will be bidding to reach customers as there are many bidders
- Then you will choose the bid amount to reach your customers
- Facebook automatically targets your audience who are most likely to click on your link
- You can do daily or lifetime budget run Adverts
- You can also make edits to your budget from Adverts manager
- You get varied options to promote from a single post on your Page to an application or service or product anything.
- Facebook lets you choose your Budget and accordingly you can plan your activates
- No agents or additional sources needed to set up a campaign
- Regular Analytics from Facebook
- You choose whether you need to run your campaign for day or forever
- Facebook chooses the Target Audience for you can’t do that
- Facebook becomes costly as more bidders may bid for the same keywords
- People generally doesn’t seek for these promotions and professional approach in FB so the conversion can be less
All you need to do is select a Tweet you want to promote and click on the Promote the tweet with your preference in which Target Audience you want to promote. It is really simple but on the other hand, it is really narrow.
Twitter also provides varied options to promote your tweet they are:
- Age groups
- Position or Profession
Since in the Twitter there is no competition you face, you will need a very low budget to promote the tweet but, the amount varies from the option you choose to reach the Target Audience and how much time the tweet should stay promoted.
- Cheap in comparison to other Social media platforms
- Best to promote a view or thought and make it viral with hashtag
- Individual Promotion can be done easily and in most effective and affordable manner
- Effective Cause Promotion
- Very narrow approach
- You can’t promote a Profile, only a tweet can be promoted
- Not much scope of Promoting an Application or other services
- Problem of delivering thought properly due to the restriction of 140 words
- Not recommended for Startups or New Concepts as you can’t promote
Thus, overall if you have a budget to spare and want to deliver a proper and attractive message to your target audience, Facebook is your option. But, if you have a very low budget and have a cause or an individual’s thoughts to promote to maximum people than go with Twitter.