Published on July 3rd, 2015 | by Guest0
Why Twitter Followers are Important for Your Business
If it’s not on Twitter, it doesn’t exist. The statement pretty much sums up the importance of this popular social media site in the realm of online marketing. Given the fact that over 500 million people worldwide use Twitter today, the micro-blogging site presents the perfect platform to reach out to a large number of target audience with a minimal effort comprising an effective message summed up in 140 characters. However, unless you are the President or the Pope, attracting a sizeable number of followers will require sustained effort and some smart strategizing.
Importance of Twitter Followers Explained
Anyone familiar with the ways of online marketing would agree that social media is a vital tool to reach out to a specific target audience and engaging with them on a personal level. Of all the social media platforms that are in vogue today, Twitter perhaps is the most popular. Here why you should invest in increasing the number of followers on Twitter:
- Building a Brand Image: As more and more people follow you on Twitter, your company and its products and service became a name to reckon with. This helps in improving brand recognition and building a positive brand image.
- Promotions: The math is simple – more followers simply means being able to engage with a wider audience. This works well for promotion as you can make your message reach a vast audience with a single tweet.
- Feedback: This is an important part of the marketing process. Engaging with your followers on Twitter by means of polls or questions on your services, can help you gather valuable feedback for free.
Tips to Increase Followers
- It is always important to reconnect with someone you already have an association with on a new platform. So, use your mailing database to discover and reach out to your target audience.
- While quantity and consistency of tweets is crucial for improving your visibility on Twitter, these factors cannot outweigh quality of content. Generating engaging and interesting content is important to capture and hold users’ interest.
- Retweets are a smart way of picking up existing content and using it to your advantage. Search for tweets that resonate your business values or business model, and retweet to generate a fresh talking point.
- Everybody loves freebies. Use your Twitter handle to spread the word on any special discounts, free stuff, upcoming sales, and special events your company has to offer.
- Several groups or organizations generate talking points related to specific topics on Twitter. Be a part of these talking points by engaging in chats related that closely to your business or services and use it as an opportunity to interact with your target audience.
- When you get new followers, return the favor by following them. This sends out a message that you are looking to engage with your audience on a personal level, and build bonds that go beyond just selling your services to them.
Taking these small steps right from the start and adopting a proactive approach toward your Twitter campaign, goes a long way in helping you start off on the right note and use your Twitter handle as a productive promotional tool.