Published on September 14th, 2018 | by Guest0
Top 4 Reliable Free Memory Card Recovery Software Programs
The introduction of memory cards was a good technological advancement; however, it brought with it the issue of accidental data loss/deletion on handy devices.
Thankfully, there are many data recovery software programs developed for the purpose of retrieving lost data on storage devices; some are free, and some are paid for.
No matter what caused the loss/deletion of data on your device, you have reliable memory card data recovery software to retrieve the data, so you don’t have to worry anymore.
In this article, we’ve listed the top 5 free and reliable memory card recovery and for those using Mac computers, you can also download free data recovery software Mac version.
We hope you will be able to find the right tool for your memory card recovery needs whether it’s for photo recovery, music recovery, audio recovery or other file formats; you have a tool at your disposal.
Let’s get into the list
As the name suggests, Recoverit is one of the reliable data recovery tools that will help you recover your deleted/lost files in no time and securely.
It effectively scans the lost data and ensures you get back your lost data fast. Recoverit packs unique features that make it stand out from the crowd of data recovery software programs and claim the top seat such as:
- The ability to recover deleted files, video, audio, photos from all types of storage media comprehensively and safely
- It can recover files from a memory card, flash drive, the recycle bin, camcorders and etc.
- It can recover lost data from a formatted device, from a corrupted hard drive, a device attacked by virus and system crashes.
- It has a user-friendly interface so it’s good for both novices and experts
- It can recover files of any format type
- The free version allows recovery of files up to 100 MB
Another best memory card recovery software with the most advanced features is Recuva. This data recovery software recovers files from all types of storage devices fast and without any technical problems.
Recuva is a 100 percent data recovery software that can recover data from memory card, hard drive, USB sticks, camera, and mobile phone.
You only need to define the deleted files and start the deep scan and a preview of the recoverable files will be displayed so you can save the recovered files to another device and not on the same device where you retrieve the files from.
If you want to access more advanced features, you can upgrade to Recuva Pro at a fee, but the free version can still do the data recovery work.
- Has an easy-to-use user interface
- It’s free to use but you can upgrade to a paid version
- It features deep scan mode which helps to recover badly damaged files and data that could be skipped by other tools
- The free version lacks user support
3- Glary Undelete
Glary Undelete is also known as File Undelete and is software that helps to recover data on memory cards.
This data recovery software supports file formats such as FAT and NTFS. Glary Undeleted is developed with a user-friendly interface thus making it ideal for beginners and experts.
This software will allow you to sort files by name size, status and the date the files were deleted. The filter option allows you to save only files of interest. Although Glary Undelete does not beat the other data recovery software we’ve shared in this article, it still has its outstanding features such as:
- Unlimited data recovery
- The filter feature
- You can mark the status of the files being recovered either Very Good or Good
- It does not eat up disk space
- It’s easy-use-data recovery software.
- It may add other unwanted apps during installation so you must be careful and ensure you install Glary Undelete a lone
4- Disk Drill
Disk Drill is a free data recovery Mac software and also for Windows. With this software program, you can recover files deleted/lost from memory cards regardless of what caused the deletion or loss.
This software can recover files from memory card, CF, MicroSD and other types of storage devices. It has a Quick Scan and a Deep Scan mode where Quick Scan is necessary when recovering FAT or NTFS file system and Deep Scan is applicable on raw on unknown file systems.
- It has a user-friendly interface
- It can recover files of different file formats
- It offers Quick Scan and Deep Scan Modes for different recovery needs
- It does not show the status of the files recovered.
Although there are many memory card recovery software programs out there, some of them are not effective and some of them have a limited free version where you will need to upgrade to the paid version so that you can access features.
These card recovery software programs we’ve mentioned here are effective and their free version can perform the data recovery process in a safe and fast manner.