Published on December 6th, 2016 | by Guest0
Why is WordPress the Perfect Place to Promote Digital Signage Templates?
Digital signage,also referred to as screen media, digital merchandising, place-based media, captive audience networks, and narrowcasting, is the use of LED, LCD, and Projection to display video, digital images, social media posts, streaming media, and other information for giving directions, outdoor advertisement, marketing, and exhibition purposes. You are most likely to find this signage on corporate buildings, restaurants, hotels, retail stores, transport systems, museums, and stadiums.
Digital signage is gaining in popularity every day. This is a growing industry which is expected to grow to between $15 billion and $24 billion by 2020. Some of the greatest advantages of digital signage are:
- Screen-smart device interaction technologies allow for the direct interaction of users with digital signage screens using their smartphones. Users are able to do such things as ply games, share social network content, and participate in polls.
- Digital signage is context-aware and it can leverage on such technologies as cameras, sensors, RFID technologies, beacons, network connectivity, and software programs. This allows for the monitoring of ambient environment and real-time information processing. Cameras on context-aware digital signs can get shopper demographic data by estimating gender, age, social class, and other information that you can then use to get shopper profiles using back-end analytics.
- Digital signage is leveraging on new technology, examples being 3D screens (with or without the use of 3D glasses), water screens, fog screens, and holographic displays. This improves excitement among viewers, giving greater ROI.
- The information you are able to share with customers, such as fire exits, weather, traveler information, traffic, and news will endear you to your customers and they are more likely to return to your store.
- Digital signage allows you to give product information, including pricing, ingredients/raw materials used, suggested applications, recipes, and other information. This means your customer support team will get fewer questions.
- Digital signage increases dwell time on the store and influences customer behavior by directing them to different areas on the store.
- Digital signs enhance customer experience since they can reduce the perceived waiting time in bank queues, restaurant waiting areas, and similar areas.
- Digital signs increase the chances of impulse buying.
- Digital signage improves the aesthetics of your store, leading to a more enticing storefront.
- You can use content from your website on the digital sign, and vice versa, which creates greater exposure for your message without requiring you to input more time.
- Digital signs allow you to effectively compete with larger competitors since all you have to do is be creative in your ad and find the perfect location for the sign.
- Digital signs can pass information to people of all learning types, from listeners to readers and from kids to senior citizens.
- You get immediacy with digital signage, which is its major advantage over traditional printed ads. The immediate uploading of content also means greater relevance to customers.
- You can make some extra money from ads if you have digital signs in a central location such as a large shopping mall.
- With digital signage, you have full control over what is displayed. You can continue displaying even when you are not open, meaning customers will remain aware of your business’s presence.
WordPress is no longer the garage project for bloggers it was considered to be a few years ago – it now powers over 60 million sites. It is a stable platform surrounded by a big ecosystem for functionality plugins, theme development, and hosting. You can use WordPress as the platform for your digital signage. Advantages of using WordPress to promote digital signage templates include:
- WordPress is an important platform for digital signage because many people have heard of it and know how to use it. For people who are just starting out with digital signage, renting or buying unfamiliar software for digital signage just complicates things further.
- Another advantage of WordPress as a digital signage platform is the fact that enterprise digital signage software programs are expensive. WordPress is open-source, meaning it is free of charge.
- WordPress has been around for a while and there is a lot of information on online communities on how to use it, meaning anybody can learn how to use it in a matter of minutes.
- The WordPress team releases security updates on a regular basis, which addresses security issues and improves the backed UI.
- A WordPress site is 100% customizable, enabling you to give a unique experience to your visitors.
- Since WordPress was originally a blogging platform, it has built-in blogging capabilities. Blogging remains one of the most effective website promotion, product/brand marketing and link building strategies.
- WordPress is highly scalable, allowing for hundreds of thousands of blog posts or pages on the site without compromising on site performance.
- Other than digital signage plugins, WordPress allows for the extension of functionalities of the site with other plugins such as Twitter Feeds, video gallery, event calendar, Facebook Fan Box, and more.
- Being browser-based, WordPress allows you to log in from any computer that is connected to the internet. You can have multiple users with different access levels and capabilities managing the site.
Here’s is an example to illustrate how digital signage works. DigitalSignagePress, which is based on HTML5, is WordPress’s digital signage platform. The plugin supports different applications and has many uses. You can display ads on large outdoor screens and on a small tablet screen. The plugin goes for a one-off price of $167. Notable features of this plugin include:
- The plugin UI is somewhat drag-and-drop for easy use.
- You can choose from 19 different portrait and landscape templates, meaning you do not have to come up with your own.
- You can embed tweets, YouTube videos, and other content, meaning you do not have to come up with your own.
- The Videowall function allows for the display of videos in large formats where you can use several LED/LCD panel displays.
- The editable schedules feature allows you to choose what is displayed and at what time.
- The plug-in allows you to use SVG animations, thanks to the SMIL support for videos feature
- The Smart Collection feature gives you complete control over the display suite
Digital signage is an effective marketing media because it is effective and efficient and allows you to reduce your carbon footprint. Even as you embrace digital signage, do not abandon other brand marketing methods like social media marketing and pay-per-click.
Bill Williams makes signage from digital signage templates. He also offers other brand promotion services like SMM and PPC. He has an SEO agency that serves clients in New York and beyond.