Published on December 19th, 2015 | by Guest0
What Are Experts Saying About Selenium And PhantomJS Testing Frameworks?
Coming across with various testing frameworks, have it ever came into your mind that which testing framework is best for you to work with when it comes to testing various software applications?
“According to Carl J. Nagle, at the time of developing any advance level test strategies, every tester should aim for minimizing an overall modification impact caused in the applications and tools that are needed to be used for testing various software applications”
Let’s have a deep look over headless browser?
These are the browsers that are executed on command line interface basis and over various networking communications with the help of automated control of web pages in a web browser.
Now let’s move to the point about two testing frames without wasting much of our time.
Ultimate objective of PhantomJS
PhantomJS testing framework aims towards working on priority basis first. PhantomJS saves ample amount of time by detecting sign-in options that further helps in understanding bugs if any found before launching your application.
PhantomJS runs without any dependencies with command-line process. PhantomJS further works as GIT pre-commit development workflow hooking methods with various testing stages on the integration server. CasperJS efficiently works with PhantomJS API tools, provided you have Node.js framework activated on your operating systems. PhantomJS can be used with a combination of CasperJS, provided it has NodeJS framework installed in your application for executing a certain application.
Working with PhantomJS in combination of CasperJS
Scooping out more features on PhantomJS
Let me walk you with the greatest advantages of PhantomJS testing framework:
- Headless website testing: Executes wide number of functional testing procedures with various advance frameworks such as QUnit, Jasmine, Mocha, Capybara, WebDriver, etc.
- Screen capture: Captures numerous of web contents such as Canvas and SVG HTML5 features and lets you develop a numerous number of website screenshots with an added advantage of thumbnail preview options.
- Page automation: Works and manipulates every webpage efficiently with the help of advance frameworks and other standards like DOM API and a numerous number of advance library functions such as jQuery programming features.
- Network monitoring: Initiates performance analysis process with the help of Jenkins and YSlow. Monitors each and every webpage loading system and exports them well into HAR files.
Advantages of PhantomJS coding
Did it ever come to your mind while working with PhantomJS that what makes this testing framework extremely renowned among testers? No? Well, let me tell you why?
Development part can be an easy process but testing your software application after it is being developed is a tricky task, as it involves sound software testing schemes to avoid any errors in the project before finalizing it.
Here are few advantages of PhantomJS that will help you know better why it is termed as one of the most famous testing frameworks:
- Qt Web kit used by PhantomJS enables any browser to transform them into a real world appearance.
- PhantomJS application enables an easy application testing procedure.
- PhantomJS can be used on major operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and other Unices.
- Totally suitable for continuous integration systems, PhantomJS runs on Amazon EC2, Heroku, and Iron.io.
- It is based on smoke testing layer, as PhantomJS runs as a command-line interpreter whether it is a part of development workflow or a part of continuous integration server. PhantomJS has such advance testing functionalities.
PhantomJS is one of the best known targeted browser that runs the tests in less amount of time. Because of its automation testing process, it encourage users to take screen shots to keep a track on various application tests.PhantomJS that runs efficiently with CasperJS together offers a highly challenging functionalities with powerful as well as well-established as Selenium testing framework.
About the Author:
Amanda Cline is an adroit mobile app developer who has a great experience in the field and is currently working at Xicom Technologies Ltd which offers top-notch mobile application development company. Xicom Technologies are focused on an agile and several low-risk mobile development methodologies strategies with a proven track record of high success rates and 100% visibility on various project development phase.